DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Laws

sbron8

Reactions
What are the laws regarding flying over public and private property? I live in the suburbs so it is in possible to fly without going over people homes. Also when taking pictures or videos people homes end up in the shot. What's the deal?

What are the laws regarding flying over public and private property? I live in the suburbs so it is in possible to fly without going over people homes. Also when taking pictures or videos people homes end up in the shot. What's the deal?
Just Breathe! It is not that intense! LOL investigate further you will see

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Well there is no problem in north florida, i film over homes and lands all the time. Not being sarcastic.

There's laws, and there's common sense ... Even if the 'law' allows you to over-fly homes, do it respectfully (e.g. high altitude and don't loiter), and you won't raise your neighbour's hackles! Just put yourself in their shoes and say, "would I be angry if I had a drone doing that over me?" ...

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
If you do run into problems with people/homeowners in the suburbs, even if you are within the law, it might be a good idea to call the person over and let the see what you're up to, show them some footage, and give them some comfort that your 24mm lens can't see into their bedroom unless it was hovering right outside the window. Maybe offer a free roof/gutter/solar panel inspection to them while you're at it. I find with even a tiny bit of education, people can be disarmed pretty quickly and even become interested.

If you do run into problems with people/homeowners in the suburbs, even if you are within the law, it might be a good idea to call the person over and let the see what you're up to, show them some footage, and give them some comfort that your 24mm lens can't see into their bedroom unless it was hovering right outside the window. Maybe offer a free roof/gutter/solar panel inspection to them while you're at it. I find with even a tiny bit of education, people can be disarmed pretty quickly and even become interested.
That's a good idea!

Reactions: CanadaDrone

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
26bgomez