DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone laws

Andy57824

Reactions
Hi all
I’m new to flying, I have a mavic mini and love it. I’ve just registered it and wondering if I can buy to fly a mavic air 2 with this registration or do I have to take another test for a more advanced drone?
thanks upfront

If you mean the CAA registration and you passed the test etc. you are 'covered' to fly the air 2 etc. btw registration is not currently needs for the mini. BUT start looking into pending rules before you make any more purchases.

If you have completed 'Operator Registration' with the CAA through the on-line service, and paid your £9 fee - that same Operator Registration number that you were issued with can be fixed to both your Mavic Mini and Mavic Air 2. i.e. One fee covers multiple UAV's in your ownership. Your Flyer Registration will also cover both drones.
As mentioned above, it is not mandatory to obtain Operator or Flyer registrations for the Mavic Mini - but both are definitely required for the Mavic Air 2 (due to it being over 250g take-off weight).

If you mean the CAA registration and you passed the test etc. you are 'covered' to fly the air 2 etc. btw registration is not currently needs for the mini. BUT start looking into pending rules before you make any more purchases.
Looking on YouTube you have to register the mini from next month so I thought I’d do it now. Cheers anyway

As from the 1st July you have to register your Mavic Mini just looked online.
Cheers anyway

at the moment the requirement for registering the MM under the new rules has been put back to november ,due to the covid virus,but to be honest with you ,i would recommend that anyone purchasing a drone at this time would be better off doing the OP id and FLY id test regardless of weight ,so they are covered in the event that there is a change in the time scale of when things alter

Ok dam internet must be out of date again lol but at the same time I still think it’s worth doing like you say.
Cheers mate.
your best bet to keep abreast of the CAA news is to download the CAA skywise APP then you will get any updates on procedures and also NOTAMS about flight restrictions ,you can select which info you want receive i have mine on drones ,and airspace alerts

Hello everyone. I ‘m considering a mavic air 2 and I’m in Calgary in Canada. I went through regulations and laws from TC and it’s really dfficult to figure out where to fly ( other than define by the basic or advanced certificate) it’s not allowed to fly in parks Canada without authorization, it’s not allowed to ”land” in provincial parks, not allowed in city parks etc... is it possible to fly above field in the countryside which would be considered as a private property? how about provincial forest?

Thank you very much for your help!

Richard

Thinking of buying the mavic Air 2
Any tips om ?
i would get it from a good DJI approved dealer in the UK ,i use Drones direct for my purchases or there's Heliguy or you could try Argos or Currys if you do decide to get one go for the combo just for the extra batteries alone ,the only issue with a new product is there will be lots of updates for the next six months to improve the performance and capabilities of the drone,so just be prepared for that

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78