DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone licensing, travel and special permission

Reactions
Hi all, new to the forum and am very excited to start using my M2Pro.

I plan on getting my advanced license (Canada) so that I'm ready when the new rules come into effect in June.

There's an opportunity to documment a trip for a local mission group building schools which will allow me some incredible access and I would like to use my drone for photography. Of course, I'll read and research the rules for the specific countries I'll travel to, however I'm wondering if any of the more experienced pilots and photographers here have had luck requesting special permission (e.g. for the Taj Mahal, the Eiffel Tower, etc.) or to fly near monuments or over people from the local aviation authorities.

From what I've read, many countries have their own licensing programs that are very similar to Canada's. Does that mean I need to go through that process or is there something similar to an international drivers license?

Any procedural/general tips when making these types of requests?

Thank you!
Adam

No you’ll have to get all regulations, permits, authorizations from that country.

I doubt you can fly anywhere near the Eiffel Tower or Taj Mahal.

In the US if you fly near the Statue of Liberty for example they will take it out with a Hellfire missile and throw you in Gitmo(slight exaggeration).

But really flying around sensitive national treasures with all kinds of people around is a really bad idea unless you really really know forsure it’s ok.

You are really gonna have to do a lot of research to find out all the rules for each country. Hell we have a hard enough time figureing out the rules here in the US for our own county. Can’t imagine trying to figure it out for a whole bunch of others where I don’t speak the language

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs