DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone not responding

Amac123

Reactions
Hi everyone,

I was out with my Pro 2 today, I don't use it very often, but the sun and autumn colours tempted me out.

Prior to going out, I turn everything on at home and updated the firmware.

When I was flying, the remote controller flashed up lost connection, it was hard to read the information in the app as the sun was very bright.

It seemed to sort its self out, but then the drone would not respond to the controller sticks, then it landed its self, but came back nearly to home.

I am not super experienced, but fairly confident. However this has spooked me a bit, as I am sure it was still moving around with out me doing anything.

I want to be confident next time I take it out, if I could get it, would the flight log tell anything?

Thanks for any help or advice,
Alex

Reactions: Paul2660
Hi Amac,
What I suspect is that when you lost comms you went into rth. You can check and see what your failsafe setting is set to. Is it set to rth, hover, or land. How far away were you when you lost comms? That can affect rth. If you have the logs post them as this will confirm what happend.

Read as much as possible about rth as it's one of the most important functions of the aircraft.

Reactions: Amac123
The following link takes you to an explanation of the logs, where and how to download them. If you post your logs to this thread one of our forum guys will be able to analyse them for you.

Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide

Hi guys,
Thanks for getting back me, and the links to the info. I will have a good read later, today I am on grandad duties,
The drone was really close when it started going funny.
But let me have a good read first before I bug you guys too much :)
Thanks again for getting back to me.

But let me have a good read first before I bug you guys too much
Here's are short and simple instructions for positing your flight data.
It only takes 2-3 minutes.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Or .. just post the txt file.

Hi guys,
Thank you very much for your help, or I would be totally lost :)
Have I attached the correct logs?
Thanks again,
Alex

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-11-06_[11-31-19].txt
    42.2 KB · Views: 4
  • DJIFlightRecord_2020-11-06_[11-48-54].txt
    123.3 KB · Views: 2
Hi guys,
Thank you very much for your help, or I would be totally lost :)
Have I attached the correct logs?
Those are flight logs but they don't show anything that matches the incident you described.
The first (at 11:31) shows 20 seconds of data with you starting the drone but not going anywhere.

The second was at 11:48 and appears to start shortly after a flight of 7.5 minutes.
This one only lasted 1:20 and has you launching, going up 12 feet and bringing the drone back down:

"Coming back nearly to home"

Sounds like fail-safe triggered RTH, but either home point wasn't the takeoff point, which can happen if you take off too soon before good GPS lock is acquired, or AC didn't get a good visual of TO location for precision landing where landing can be as far off as 5 feet without PL.

Those are flight logs but they don't show anything that matches the incident you described.
The first (at 11:31) shows 20 seconds of data with you starting the drone but not going anywhere.

The second was at 11:48 and appears to start shortly after a flight of 7.5 minutes.
This one only lasted 1:20 and has you launching, going up 12 feet and bringing the drone back down:
Oh that’s odd, I will go and have another look, later. Perhaps I have missed some later ones.
Thank you for taking the time to look, it’s really helpful.
Thanks alex

Hi guys,
These are the remaining ones form that morning, these were a bit earlier, perhaps those later ones, it has sorted its self out by then.
Thanks again for your help,
alex

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-11-06_[11-31-19].txt
    42.2 KB · Views: 2
  • DJIFlightRecord_2020-11-06_[11-31-42].txt
    311.2 KB · Views: 1
  • DJIFlightRecord_2020-11-06_[11-32-53].txt
    8.7 KB · Views: 1
  • DJIFlightRecord_2020-11-06_[11-34-32].txt
    676.9 KB · Views: 1
  • DJIFlightRecord_2020-11-06_[11-40-27].txt