DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DRONE OPERATOR ID in EU

NorbertG59

Reactions
Hi
I have a EU Pilots ID and obviously need a Operator ID to be able to fly Mavic Platinum anywhere in europe
I know that the simple answer would be get it from the country you are going to fly, but as some of you know some European states make you jump lot's of hurdles and hoops to acquire ID Portugal being one of them.

My Question is: Can one take a Remote ID say in France even dough Im not visiting such Country? and would the be able to use it say Portugal?
I do know that the EASA website says get REMOTE ID From the First country you plan to visit.
And would the FPV UK Insurance excepted?

Regards

Reactions: old man mavic
a UK operator ID is not valid in the EU you need to have one from a EU country and the rules for the MPP would limit its use as it does here in the UK ,due to its weight ,with regards to your second part of your post an EU operator ID should be accepted in most countries in the EU ,but each country will have there own take on where you can fly ,depending on the drone you are using as far as i know FPVUK third party cover when you are a member is only valid in the UK

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Just for consideration, might it be an idea for English speakers, especially UK applicants, to get a Southern Irish ID? Don't know if you now need a passport stamp to enter Eire from the UK.
I assume everything is either in English or English and Gaelic.

Just for consideration, might it be an idea for English speakers, especially UK applicants, to get a Southern Irish ID? Don't know if you now need a passport stamp to enter Eire from the UK.
I assume everything is either in English or English and Gaelic.
France has a section in English for those looking to get an EU certificate.

The Flyers ID can be taken anywhere in Europe some charge some don't, the problem is the operator ID;
Like me that has lived in UK practically all my life but born in Europe that wants to Register as a Operator then you will have to do that in the Country of Origin, I tried registering with two or three countries and as soon you get to Nationality ie from Europe the process indicates that you will need to register Country of Origin, someone like me that was born in Portugal that has not have the Citizen Card (ID CARD) up to date has no chance in getting a Operators ID, Because it's issued by government you have to download a app, scan your citizen Card and if all OK they will send you some sort of Pin No: that you will in put in to the government site to gain access and finish the registration. If you are from the outside the European Union the process is a lot easier were you can contact the Civil Aviation from that country and ask for a form to be able to fly and wait for them to reply to your request.

BTW: To Fly in Portugal you will need a Authorisation document to Capture Photos or video when flying and also give them your intended flight coordinates and if for some reason you your flight goes over another county you will need another Authorisation from the other county same if you need to fly and film/Photos by the beach you will need a Maritime Authorisation from the port Captaincy ($42 euros) and ther's me thinking that we in the uk have a raw deal!!!

Regards

Reactions: old man mavic
Wouldn’t it be nice is there was an international licence, so we wouldn’t have to jump through all these hoops. It’s not impossible, vehicle driving are accepted and I remember that there was an international driving licence that was easily obtained. This and other questions, we try to address in my Facebook group called international unmanned aircraft, our ultimates aim is to get one license or at least reciprocation.

Wouldn’t it be nice is there was an international licence, so we wouldn’t have to jump through all these hoops. It’s not impossible, vehicle driving are accepted and I remember that there was an international driving licence that was easily obtained. This and other questions, we try to address in my Facebook group called international unmanned aircraft, our ultimates aim is to get one license or at least reciprocation.
Couldn't agree more!!!

With all this uncertainty regarding the drone laws throughout UK/Europe I believe and hope that some sort of treaty be agreed between CAA/AESA and FAA

If you look a the Driving regulation they are the same throughout EU and UK, same as the drone regulations, difference here is you can drive your car to and thru Europe if you have insurance and a driving licence why not Drones? We Have Licence, OP ID and if insurance is needed so be it.
The most confusing here is that EU is suppose to be "ONE" SO THEY KEEP SAYING" but some of the Little member countries seem to impose regulations/Authorisations to simply make money a example is Portugal, you can not NOT Fly a Drone with a camera attached with out asking for Authorisation and also were and what district you going to FLY with a Fee pending even if its middle of nowhere.

Reactions: mike foy
There seems to be lots of conflicting opinions and terms on this site about the EASA rules and regulations. The following is MY interpretation of the EASA site current rules. Please let me know if I am wrong in any areas.

1) There is no such thing as Drone registration.
2) Drone OPERATORS (by which they mean legal owners), if EU resident, must register in the country of residence. If non-EU resident they must register in the first country they intend to fly in. They will then be issued with an OPERATORS number which must be affixed to all drones that they own. This DOES NOT on its own allow allow the individual to pilot a drone.
3) Drone PILOTS flying anything heavier than toy drones MUST have an EASA certificate proving that they have completed the necessary training and/or or passed exams for the category they intend to fly in. This is the A1-A3 cert and the A2 cert and exams.

Like many others I have now obtained my PILOT certificate for Open Category A1-A3 from DAC in Luxembourg, which is in English and free.

The difficult bit is now registering as an OPERATOR with HCAA here in Greece.

I have had trouble translating and understanding the questions on the application form. My latest stumbling point is the question asking for the requested category for my drone. I own a Mavic 2 Pro which, because it has no C class is a Legacy Drone. The form only allows a choice of "A,0" "A,1" "A,2". "Special" or "Certified". I only wish to fly in the A3 category - open areas no buildings or people. If anyone has an opinion on which box I should tick, please respond
Thanks

There seems to be lots of conflicting opinions and terms on this site about the EASA rules and regulations. The following is MY interpretation of the EASA site current rules. Please let me know if I am wrong in any areas.

1) There is no such thing as Drone registration.
2) Drone OPERATORS (by which they mean legal owners), if EU resident, must register in the country of residence. If non-EU resident they must register in the first country they intend to fly in. They will then be issued with an OPERATORS number which must be affixed to all drones that they own. This DOES NOT on its own allow allow the individual to pilot a drone.
3) Drone PILOTS flying anything heavier than toy drones MUST have an EASA certificate proving that they have completed the necessary training and/or or passed exams for the category they intend to fly in. This is the A1-A3 cert and the A2 cert and exams.

Like many others I have now obtained my PILOT certificate for Open Category A1-A3 from DAC in Luxembourg, which is in English and free.

The difficult bit is now registering as an OPERATOR with HCAA here in Greece.

I have had trouble translating and understanding the questions on the application form. My latest stumbling point is the question asking for the requested category for my drone. I own a Mavic 2 Pro which, because it has no C class is a Legacy Drone. The form only allows a choice of "A,0" "A,1" "A,2". "Special" or "Certified". I only wish to fly in the A3 category - open areas no buildings or people. If anyone has an opinion on which box I should tick, please respond
Thanks
I would say under A1 Category,
as for the Operator ID, I know it says that you should apply for OP ID in the country you intend to visit but you can do it in another country that does on Line only ie: Germany that's were I took mine and know I can use at any EU States,
The process is simple, Photo ID, Address and Flyer ID number

I would say under A1 Category,
as for the Operator ID, I know it says that you should apply for OP ID in the country you intend to visit but you can do it in another country that does on Line only ie: Germany that's were I took mine and know I can use at any EU States,
The process is simple, Photo ID, Address and Flyer ID number
I doubt if anyone would actually check that a non EU operator had registered in the first EU country unless there was a CAA reported accident. However those of us that live in the EU have to register in the country we live in - and there are checks such as our national tax numbers and address.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Olga