DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone operators in trouble with the law?

FAA monitors social media for law breaking pilots. Mostly going after drones over people or doing long distance flights or tests. Had one happen on this forum as I remember and a violation was issued. Believe it ended favorably to all involved. Lesson learned

The flight was quite exciting as the drone landed with almost no battery left..counting down the volts to nothing. It was not mentioned in other media but word gets around. Stay safe, follow the rules.

All of my run ins are the result of police trying to enforce their opinion instead of the law.

It's strange, I legally fly to the side of a distillery and police immediately show up trying to intimidate me into leaving. A guy flies into a football stadium during a game and nothing happens.

Nothing happens? Please cite your sources for your statement.

If ALL of your run ins are the same, ever stopped to think that LEO may not be the common denominator?

All of my run ins are the result of police trying to enforce their opinion instead of the law.

It's strange, I legally fly to the side of a distillery and police immediately show up trying to intimidate me into leaving. A guy flies into a football stadium during a game and nothing happens.
Well that's not always true, they have to catch him of course. Here are two that did get caught, in Cincinnati, Ohio. One was stupid enough to post on social media to show what he did.

Reactions: Aerophile

Like BigA107 said above, please do your RESEARCH before coming on this forum and spouting off inaccurate information. I'm not sure if this is the stadium incident you are referring to in which nothing happened but clearly something is being done in this incident.

There's this case, where a police drone hit a plane landing at my local airport. I'm still waiting for the Transport Canada report to be released, partly because I'm curious about why it took several hours for the police to contact NavCan.

I see a lot of information on being legal and not breaking the law on here. Where is this rash of drone operators getting trouble or arrested? I can’t find any news on this.
Last year there was a story all over about a $182k fine to a philly guy (philly drone life). Can't find updates but he still does same stunts and regularly posts it online. I don't get it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos