DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Over Railway line

Will97

Reactions
I have a job coming up soon that involves flying near a rail line, this line has been out of use for 18 months now, i was wondering do rules still apply (50 meters) while the line is not in use?

Welcome to the forum Will.

It may help to define where you are planning to fly as laws vary greatly from region to region.

Also the only way to get a definitive answer is to contact a local authority or the Rail Way directly. Anything else is just rumor and won't hold up should it go to court.

Welcome to the forum Will.

It may help to define where you are planning to fly as laws vary greatly from region to region.

Also the only way to get a definitive answer is to contact a local authority or the Rail Way directly. Anything else is just rumor and won't hold up should it go to court.

The Postcode is TQ12 2SN Devon, UK, I am filming for a warehouse company, however around the back of the warehouse is a rail way line, will be fine if I'm 50 meters away as I won't be flying over it directly, I just wanted to check before I take the job on.

would i be correct in thinking you will be fly commercially with a PfCO

Indeed yes I will be flying with my PfCO
in that case i would guess you already know all the answers good luck with your shoot, watch out for those pesky wires that have a habit of appearing from nowhere when you least expect it

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLEGEF