DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone records his rescuer

I can swear I've seen this video on Youtube years ago or at least very very similar. ?
You have and there was another one posted way back with the guy
going in a pond to catch his.

I don't usually bother clicking on this kind of 'stuff'... now I remember why.

Clicked on the link only to see a screen grab instead of a video, and another link. Since I was in it that far I clicked on that link too, only to see another static picture and not a video.... and a pop up from the Hindu Times wanting to start sending me push notifications... jeesh! Never again

Yeah, like the others here, I’ve seen this before, probably within the past year and I recall the discussion then was whether this was staged.

Reactions: Drone_Pilot
I don't usually bother clicking on this kind of 'stuff'... now I remember why.

Clicked on the link only to see a screen grab instead of a video, and another link. Since I was in it that far I clicked on that link too, only to see another static picture and not a video.... and a pop up from the Hindu Times wanting to start sending me push notifications... jeesh! Never again
or at least until the next time ?

You have and there was another one posted way back with the guy
going in a pond to catch his.
I've seen another where I guy has to sprint down a beach , then run down a pier with huge rocks at it's end. He runs to the end of the pier and climbs over the rocks. He is just at the edge where waves are splashing up toward him. And then he catches the drone. He was an arm length away from having a wave splash almost hit his drone.

Reactions: dirkclod
Awesome, thanks for sharing!

I've seen another where I guy has to sprint down a beach , then run down a pier with huge rocks at it's end. He runs to the end of the pier and climbs over the rocks. He is just at the edge where waves are splashing up toward him. And then he catches the drone. He was an arm length away from having a wave splash almost hit his drone.
I remember now that one to now you mention it. What we will risk to save our toys without thinking what could happen to us. ?
Save the drone adrenaline kicks in and we would do anything
almost.

almost.
I had a good dose of that adrenaline just this morning!

Flying MPP with phone-only on wifi, about 10' high in a tight spot (large oak trees all around) just behind back porch. I turned off the on-screen joysticks to make some adjustments. Forgot to turn sticks back on, left thumb touched the screen and hit the Go Home icon. Drone bolted straight up, wide open!!! I turned white as a sheet in about 2 nanoseconds, realized what happened, and canceled go home...... whew!!! Took at least 10 minutes for my heart rate to get back to normal. :)

I had a good dose of that adrenaline just this morning!

Flying MPP with phone-only on wifi, about 10' high in a tight spot (large oak trees all around) just behind back porch. I turned off the on-screen joysticks to make some adjustments. Forgot to turn sticks back on, left thumb touched the screen and hit the Go Home icon. Drone bolted straight up, wide open!!! I turned white as a sheet in about 2 nanoseconds, realized what happened, and canceled go home...... whew!!! Took at least 10 minutes for my heart rate to get back to norm

I remember now that one to now you mention it. What we will risk to save our toys without thinking what could happen to us. ?
almost.
You do have a valet point

Reactions: dirkclod
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIFly