DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Regulations in Panama

Hi, so I am in Panama right now for vacation. I went to Albrook airport Wednesday, since I was getting a car it was next door to register my drone.
I actually went building 805 (Aeronautical Civil) entrance in the back (calle Hector conte bermudez), there they will ask you for your passport or ID, he will give a badge (visitante), go to the second floor, a lady asked for my I'd, she was about to make a copy but I already had one so I gave it to her, she didn't speak English and I am not fluent in Spanish. We went to her office and she asked me how long I was planning to stay in Panama, I told her 2 weeks. She then went to get someone, a gentleman came, that spoke English, and he told me, at least that is what I understood, that I am not staying long enough to register???? and then gave me a piece of paper with the name of a lady to call or email.
Got my passport back and left. I emailed that lady the next day and she quickly responded (see photo), I answered and now waiting to hear from her.
So that's my story, I didn't wait to hear from her to send my drone in the air, but if you are coming in January or February, be careful, it's quite windy out here...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190208-200609.jpg
    Screenshot_20190208-200609.jpg
    823.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20190206_092009.jpg
    IMG_20190206_092009.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20190208_202546.jpg
    IMG_20190208_202546.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 18
Thanks for your help guys.. it helped me immensely when heading there & inspired me to write a full post about the country's rules that I've summed up here. Hope this will become useful for someone, safe flying!

I live here in Panama and could probably help if it isnt too late.
Hi there, I am flying from Toronto, Canada to Rio Hato, Panama later this month, I have a DJI Mini (249g) which I plan on flying for leisure. What steps have to be taken in order to fly safe and legally? Thank you for all your help!

Hi there, I am flying from Toronto, Canada to Rio Hato, Panama later this month, I have a DJI Mini (249g) which I plan on flying for leisure. What steps have to be taken in order to fly safe and legally? Thank you for all your help!
Hello, what was your experience flying the mini in Panama? I see you posted very recently on this older thread. The rules seem very unclear to me. I am planning to travel for a week there, planning to fly on the beaches and mountains (I won’t be flying in the city). I also have a mini.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929