DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone shot at and owner accosted

Reactions: YearZero
Now, to get back to the original subject, can someone explain to me how if and when this RID thing goes into effect that the average 'gun totem redneck' or any other 'common citizen' is going to know where and who is flying a drone?

With the supposed manufacturer adherence to RID coming from several drone manufacturers it appears that the RID broadcast from the drone will be in the 5.8GHz WiFi channels and therefore apps can be created that will be able to read the signal. That signal will transmit the location of the controller and the location, altitude, direction of travel, and unique identifier of the drone.

So anyone with the app can track the location of a drone pilot. Only government officials will be able to link the unique identifier with the pilot’s personal information.

Attention!!!

This thread is on the verge of being closed!

The topic is not about RID. It was about a citizen firing shots at an airborne sUAS and a ground based confrontation with a handgun brandished a little later.

All of the discussion and ranting about RID and use of firearms does not belong here. Any further discussions that are off topic from the first post will be deleted and poster may incur warning points.

Last edited:
I can almost promise that there will be drone rage incidents.
I think you can drop the word "almost". I've already encountered it on a lower level. Intervention by a third party shut down the complainer before it got out of hand, but the potential was there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk