DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone shot down in UK.

You should really think before running your yap, If you shoot a drone your wrong, no matter what the reason you have no right to shoot that drone, will most likely end up in court to pay the damages , and when you hunt the drone guy down and beat him up you will end up in jail..
Hey I have guns and a drone and I live here too tough guy.

-
Thanks for the advice Corporal Keyboard Commando, maybe you should take it yourself,
1. thanks for putting everything in red. You have done well on this computering lesson. you can have another tomorrow.

2. As stated before, if you use your drone to harass me or any other legal hunter, you have broken the law. I am sure this "Illegal" group these "SABS" or "Sabteurs" followed and harassed were the only group they did this to, or I guess they just follow every hunting group because it does not meet their moral standards it is not right for anyone.

3. And the best one yet.
"Hey I have guns and a drone and I live here too tough guy. "
Since you live in AZ, you are walking a fine line here.
ARS13-2921. Harassment; classification; definition:
A. A person commits harassment if, with intent to harass or with knowledge that the person is harassing another person, the person:

1. Anonymously or otherwise contacts, communicates or causes a communication with another person by verbal, electronic, mechanical, telegraphic, telephonic or written means in a manner that harasses.

2. Continues to follow another person in or about a public place for no legitimate purpose after being asked to desist.

3. Repeatedly commits an act or acts that harass another person.

4. Surveils or causes another person to surveil a person for no legitimate purpose.

5. On more than one occasion makes a false report to a law enforcement, credit or social service agency.

6. Interferes with the delivery of any public or regulated utility to a person.

B. A person commits harassment against a public officer or employee if the person, with intent to harass, files a nonconsensual lien against any public officer or employee that is not accompanied by an order or a judgment from a court of competent jurisdiction authorizing the filing of the lien or is not issued by a governmental entity or political subdivision or agency pursuant to its statutory authority, a validly licensed utility or water delivery company, a mechanics' lien claimant or an entity created under covenants, conditions, restrictions or declarations affecting real property.

C. Harassment under subsection A is a class 1 misdemeanor. Harassment under subsection B is a class 5 felony.

D. This section does not apply to an otherwise lawful demonstration, assembly or picketing.

E. For the purposes of this section, "harassment" means conduct that is directed at a specific person and that would cause a reasonable person to be seriously alarmed, annoyed or harassed and the conduct in fact seriously alarms, annoys or harasses the person.

Now,, I personally am not too worried about a keyboard commando, but a colleague in our cyber division said he would enjoy taking a look

Here is a little more info for you...you should really know the laws before running your yap

Summary:
This law represents Arizona's hunter harassment law. Under the law, it is a class 2 misdemeanor for a person while in a hunting area to intentionally interfere with, prevent or disrupt the lawful taking of wildlife as defined under the law. It is a class 3 misdemeanor for a person to enter or remain on a designated hunting area on any public or private lands or waters or state lands including state trust lands with the intent to interfere with, prevent or disrupt the lawful taking of wildlife. "Incidental interference" arising from lawful activity by public land users is not unlawful under this section.

A. It is a class 2 misdemeanor for a person while in a hunting area to intentionally interfere with, prevent or disrupt the lawful taking of wildlife by:

1. Harassing, driving or disturbing any wildlife.

2. Blocking, obstructing or impeding, or attempting to block, obstruct or impede, a person lawfully taking wildlife.

3. Erecting a barrier without the consent of the landowner or lessee with the intent to deny ingress to or egress from areas where wildlife may be lawfully taken.

4. Making or attempting to make physical contact, without permission, with a person lawfully taking wildlife.

5. Engaging in, or attempting to engage in, theft, vandalism or destruction of real or personal property.

6. Disturbing or altering, or attempting to disturb or alter, the condition or authorized placement of real or personal property intended for use in the lawful taking of wildlife.

7. Making or attempting to make loud noises or gestures, set out or attempt to set out animal baits, scents or lures or human scent, use any other natural or artificial visual, aural, olfactory or physical stimuli, or engage in or attempt to engage in any other similar action or activity, in order to disturb, alarm, drive, attract or affect the behavior of wildlife or disturb, alarm, disrupt or annoy a person lawfully taking wildlife.

8. Interjecting oneself into the line of fire of a person lawfully taking wildlife.

B. It is a class 3 misdemeanor for a person to enter or remain on a designated hunting area on any public or private lands or waters or state lands including state trust lands with the intent to interfere with, prevent or disrupt the lawful taking of wildlife.

C. The commission or any person properly licensed to take wildlife who is directly affected by a violation of this section may bring an action to restrain conduct declared unlawful in this section and to recover damages.

D. A peace officer who reasonably believes that a person has violated this section may order the person to desist or to leave the area or arrest such person upon refusal to desist or leave.

E. The conduct declared unlawful in this section does not:

1. Include any incidental interference arising from lawful activity by public land users, including ranchers, miners or recreationists.

2. Apply to landowners, permittees, lessees or their agents or contractors engaged in animal husbandry practices or agricultural operation.

Basically what it comes down to is rights, You may or may not agree with a persons right to hunt, but it IS their right, as long as they choose to do it lawfully. If you use your drone to fly over every hunter out there hoping you will find someone doing wrong, YOU have broken the law and there are consequences for doing so. Section C above makes it pretty clear

I will leave this alone now, anti hunters are a dangerous breed that think only their rights apply, and it has been shown that they will take any means to take rights away from others, now they are using drones further damaging one of my hobbies to further their agenda

Reactions: grendeljaeger
I will leave this alone now, anti hunters are a dangerous breed that think only their rights apply, and it has been shown that they will take any means to take rights away from others, now they are using drones further damaging one of my hobbies to further their agenda

I think the situation in the UK is different from the general situation in the US - and probably varies considerably from state to state too for that matter.

Some types of hunting - those where the animal needlessly suffers - are generally frowned upon. Yeah, it's a fine line and highly subjective - a fox that gets badly winged by a shotgun might linger in agony for days, vs. one that gets ripped apart in a few, no doubt agonizing, seconds by a pack hounds, yet the former is legal, the latter is not. Hunts are also a highly traditional thing for some areas (the pagenty etc. is certainly visually impressive), or as an anachronism by others. Hunts (legal and otherwise) have also damaged private property on numerous occassions. As for those involved, yes, we have some militant hunt saboteurs over here, but the majority are passive and generally just try to disrupt illegal hunts by spreading false trails and so on. Both go under the banner "Hunt Saboteurs", so you can't really tell from just the name. Equally, we have a considerable number of illegal hunt activities, not just fox hunting by hunts that skirt the law - e.g. hare coursing - and hunts that are scrupulously above board (there's one near me) and are open to observers coming along, which are generally left alone.

There's a lot of pre-judgement on both sides here. We have no idea whether the hunt was entirely legal, or not. We have no idea whether the shooter was a member of the hunt, or not. We have no idea how close the drone was at the time it was shot down, or whether it's pilot had actively harrassed members of the hunt, or not. I'd like to think the police won't just sweep this under the rug (something rural police forces are known to do for hunt related matters like this) and truth will out, both from the animal rights angle and the firearms angle.

FWIW, I have no objection to humane culling of foxes (or other animals) when they being are a problem, e.g. harming livestock, but given you can have all the pagenty of a hunt with a scent trail, or flush to guns if you must, I do question exactly why there's a need to have a pack of dogs rip an animal apart or why this final few moments is so important to the overall enjoyment of what can be several hours of a hunt for some.

Reactions: AzBrewer
So threatening to shoot down drones and physically harm those who fly drones near you ,the laws mean nothing. ( Mod Removed ) Do you know the laws about shooting drones or beating people up look those up and post them. I'm sure you'll be in jail long before me.
Oh and FYI I am a Hunter, a NRA member and a United States Marine.

Last edited by a moderator:
So threatening to shoot down drones and physically harm those who fly drones near you ,the laws mean nothing. ( Mod Removed ) Do you know the laws about shooting drones or beating people up look those up and post them. I'm sure you'll be in jail long before me.
Oh and FYI I am a Hunter, a NRA member and a United States Marine.
Hmm going to name calling now, I also am an NRA member, Hunter, and retired ARMY, and currently work for a large Government agency, When I spoke of shooting down a drone I spoke of an inanimate object, and I did not point out any specific person other than the Drone Operator, and if you could read you would see that the law specifically states that my actions would be within the boundaries of Arizona state law.

C. The commission or any person properly licensed to take wildlife who is directly affected by a violation of this section may bring an action to restrain conduct declared unlawful in this section and to recover damages.

Now...as I said before Have a Nice day, and thank you for your service

Reactions: grendeljaeger
Hmm going to name calling now, I also am an NRA member, Hunter, and retired ARMY, and currently work for a large Government agency, When I spoke of shooting down a drone I spoke of an inanimate object, and I did not point out any specific person other than the Drone Operator, and if you could read you would see that the law specifically states that my actions would be within the boundaries of Arizona state law.

Now...as I said before Have a Nice day, and thank you for your service
That isn't what you said you said,you would hunt down the drone operator and bloody your knuckles on him. A Felony for sure. Now if the drone operator was in your vicinity at the time you were hunting and you were close enough to "restrain" him not beat the crap out of him ,that's a different story.
Noway no how does Arizona law allow you to shoot down a drone, or hunt down and assault the operator. Name calling I call it like it is, you go running your mouth about all these laws that arn't laws and stuff that has nothing to do with what you said.

That isn't what you said you said,you would hunt down the drone operator and bloody your knuckles on him. A Felony for sure. Now if the drone operator was in your vicinity at the time you were hunting and you were close enough to "restrain" him not beat the crap out of him ,that's a different story.
Noway no how does Arizona law allow you to shoot down a drone, or hunt down and assault the operator. Name calling I call it like it is, you go running your mouth about all these laws that arn't laws and stuff that has nothing to do with what you said.
OK, Live in your little world. You are not worth my time arguing with. You can just keep being a keyboard commando as long as you like. Everything I have quoted can easily be found on the internet if you wish to look. but you seem to have the world under your thumb so just go on with your bad self.

Have a nice day and Thank your for your service

If im out legally flying my drone in the Uk and someone shoots at it they better be prapared for the ensuing onslaught they've brought on themselves.

Reactions: DPL
I'll be travelling in Scotland in May and will bring my drone for great aerial shots of old castles, Nessie, and other things we don't find in the New World. Should I be worried?
Absolutely not. There is little or no fox hunting in the Highlands - though deer stalking and driven grouse and pheasant shooting do occur.

Deer stalking only happens in the Autumn and late Winter and well away from the road. Very low chance of catching an accidental bullet and I suspect most hunters value their gun licences too much to be turning their telescopic sights on some distant drone.

Culture is also different here. Using a gun against people or property is very rare and universally condemned whatever the circumstances.

Lots of space in the Highland for droning to your heart's content. Just beware the wind.

Absolutely not. There is little or no fox hunting in the Highlands - though deer stalking and driven grouse and pheasant shooting do occur.

Deer stalking only happens in the Autumn and late Winter and well away from the road. Very low chance of catching an accidental bullet and I suspect most hunters value their gun licences too much to be turning their telescopic sights on some distant drone.

Culture is also different here. Using a gun against people or property is very rare and universally condemned whatever the circumstances.

Lots of space in the Highland for droning to your heart's content. Just beware the wind.

Great information, Thanks. We are on a self driven circle tour for 3 weeks, driving clockwise from Glasgow, staying with friends we haven't met yet, (B&B's).

I live in the uk , northeast of England and if some stupid person has fired at a drone, and the drone is flown within the caa safety rules, and no action is taken by the uk authorities then it would show that the hunt lobby is being protected. The only persons that should be allowed to take down a drone in the uk is the authorities of the uk not some vigilantes from the hunt.

I agree. I have no knowledge of the current state of legislation regarding fox hunts in GB but it sounds like quite a mess. We have our own pro / anti hunting groups here in Canada mostly divided along city vs rural lines. Personally, I hunt with a camera because my wife doesn't like what comes out of me when I eat moose. Come to think of it, neither do I.....

I agree. I have no knowledge of the current state of legislation regarding fox hunts in GB but it sounds like quite a mess. We have our own pro / anti hunting groups here in Canada mostly divided along city vs rural lines. Personally, I hunt with a camera because my wife doesn't like what comes out of me when I eat moose. Come to think of it, neither do I.....
I hope you all have a great time on your visits and the weather stays good !

The fox hunting legislation is a mess, as you say, and very difficult to enforce. Some hunts certainly take advantage of that to continue as before, but the saboteurs certainly manage to spoil their day some of the time. The police try to stay out of things provided no-one gets seriously hurt, but the presence and use of a firearm on either side must worry them greatly, since on the day there is a usually a lot of bad feeling on both sides.

Deer stalking doesn't attract much controversy - it's a quick kill, supervised by professionals; the sale of the meat helps the local economy and culling is necessary to keep deer numbers from damaging the environment.

I live in the uk , northeast of England and if some stupid person has fired at a drone, and the drone is flown within the caa safety rules, and no action is taken by the uk authorities then it would show that the hunt lobby is being protected. The only persons that should be allowed to take down a drone in the uk is the authorities of the uk not some vigilantes from the hunt.
Quite right !

"you have one belief you do not get to force your belief on another".... so when does that start? Those with "Beliefs" have been doing it for hundreds of centuries.

Reactions: sar104
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2