DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Speed

Michael R.

Reactions
Several days ago I read a discussion about drone speed relative to the Air 2s, though I don't recall where. Aside from switching modes, can I manipulate the control throttle to "significantly reduce" cruising speed without damaging either the drone itself or controller. There seems to be a controversy over this issue but my personal experience suggests that manipulation of the throttle can greatly reduce drone speed. Thanx

The speed is infinitely variable from 0, zero, to the maximum available for the flight mode.
Strictly speaking the throttle refers to the control that produces a changes of height. In the sense of ground speed or air speed it's the elevator and aileron that control those.
How sensitive the drone is to changes in the throttle, elevator and aileron stick positions depends on how the "EXP" curves are set up and where in those curves the sticks are.
I set mine to straight line graphs with the numeric value being 0.5.

can I manipulate the control throttle to "significantly reduce" cruising speed without damaging either the drone itself or controller.
There's no need to be concerned about possibly damaging the drone or controller by flying at full speed.
You could fly at full speed for thousands of hours without damaging either.
There seems to be a controversy over this issue but my personal experience suggests that manipulation of the throttle can greatly reduce drone speed.
This isn't controversial at all.

The speed is infinitely variable from 0, zero, to the maximum available for the flight mode.
Strictly speaking the throttle refers to the control that produces a changes of height. In the sense of ground speed or air speed it's the elevator and aileron that control those.
How sensitive the drone is to changes in the throttle, elevator and aileron stick positions depends on how the "EXP" curves are set up and where in those curves the sticks are.
I set mine to straight line graphs with the numeric value being 0.5.
Thanx for clarification. Being a complete novice, I was unsure if my controller was functioning properly or if I was at risk of damaging the controller and/or the drone itself. I'll have to reread the discussions regarding this matter wherever on the internet I viewed them. No doubt the misunderstanding was due to my inexperience and probably reading comprehension skills as well. Thank you

I think your referring to the people who have modified there flight Perimeters. For speed in that case you should be a bit more cautious.

Reactions: Michael R.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rudyr