DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Drone through the VW Boneyard? Sure. Hold my whisky.

lol! I guess screaming at my screen to move right in the opening didn't help you much, or was even necessary since you missed the tree trunk! ?
I didn't see my favorite, or I was too busy ducking twigs to see it, a Squareback!
You are braver than I for flying through the trees, I cringe at the thought of 400 yards up and out in 100% clear range! o_O

Ok, looked again and saw my fave!!!!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Darkside Drone
Hubby challenged me to fly the DJI Mavic2 through our shop's VW boneyard. It's not easy to see the trees... or the forest.
Not too bad for a n00b, but lots of room for improvement.

You pretty much asked for those Crashes and you got them! You were pretty much flying Blind by your Camera angle! You were looking down instead of ahead! My Mavic Pro’s # 1&2 wouldn’t let me get close to a Tree with the Avoidance enabled!

• Haha
hehe I'd say they ambushed you!

I'm with Reginald. Sometimes you have to see where you're going.

• Haha
YES... parts of them will live on, though. You should see the 1967 21-Window bus (Rusty) that we're doing. It was about 70%+ rust. It can be done, just very costly for the metalwork.
Yea, sometimes it’s cheaper to find one already restored but what’s the fun in that? Good luck on your restoration!

I can’t believe that drone survived. I guess it’s tougher than I thought.

PS: Weren’t you afraid of scratching those VWs with your drone??

Last edited:
You pretty much asked for those Crashes and you got them! You were pretty much flying Blind by your Camera angle! You were looking down instead of ahead! My Mavic Pro’s # 1&2 wouldn’t let me get close to a Tree with the Avoidance enabled!
Pretty much! Definitely going to need a spotter next time - one with quick reflexes and the ability to say "right" or "left" with 100% accuracy!

lol! I guess screaming at my screen to move right in the opening didn't help you much, or was even necessary since you missed the tree trunk! ?
I didn't see my favorite, or I was too busy ducking twigs to see it, a Squareback!
You are braver than I for flying through the trees, I cringe at the thought of 400 yards up and out in 100% clear range! o_O

Ok, looked again and saw my fave!!!!!
I couldn't hear you screaming because I ALSO was screaming! :D Yes, there's a square or two out there in the boneyard. 400y up and no trees is how I started a few weeks ago. But there's so much more I want to be able to capture that I was up for taking the challenge. Now, if I could just get the guys in the shop to trim some trees...

• Haha
Reactions: Mr. Noob
Pretty much! Definitely going to need a spotter next time - one with quick reflexes and the ability to say "right" or "left" with 100% accuracy!
Although I haven’t got my Air2 up yet (due to weather), I’m going to fly it just like my MM, which had over 300 miles on it without serious mishap. I’m going to use the sensors as backup. I’ve heard the sensors on the Air2 won’t pick up small branches. Reginald, are the sensors on the MP’s more sensitive than the Air2 or are there just more of them?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs