DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone vs A380

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is fake, the aircraft would not be going that slow on the runway continuously then suddenly lift off. The aircraft had sun glinting off the top of it yet it was a completely overcast sky with no clear sunlight showing anywhere, just flat light everywhere, the aircraft passed by the supposed filming drone far too slowly to be real. In reality it would have passed by much more quickly as it came closer, if it were a real aircraft. It is clearly fake to most real pilots and the climb out just looks very video game-ish. Plus the cars on the ground are all jumpy as they drive along the road, not smooth as it would look if it were really being filmed. It shouts out FAKE.

I hate to break it here, but the footage looks genuine to me, having been doing CGI for many years.
The footage could be animated, if this was done by a very professional company which would cost a random drone channel way too much money to hire just for the buzz.

The movement of the airplane is simply too refined for an animation. Not to mention how extremely hard it would be to match the rendered animation to the movement of the camera without any sort of distortion or jittery movement. Matching video background is very hard to accomplish, even with the most professional software.

The glare on the hull matches perfectly with the sun behind it. Remember, videos are usually rendered in 255 color depth. As you can see, the whites in the back are blown out, suggesting that its actually brighter than how we perceive it. Even on an overcast day, the sunlight can still be quite harsh and penetrating.

Ever drove close to an airport? You'll find that planes appear to be moving a lot slower than you'd expect them to be. Possibly due to their size.

And as for the heat trail, I reckon this depends on the temperature around it. Roughly comparable to contrails which don't always appear either.

A FSX recording is just nuts. Open the game and within a second you'll see why.

As much as I'd love this to be fake, I'm afraid we indeed have another idiot on this planet.

It's definitely Plaine Magnien, the main international airport of Mauritius - check Google Maps or Earth. It's also the home base of Air Mauritius which flies A380s and in addition, Emirates flies in twice a day, also using A380s.

Emirates Announces Double Daily A380 Service to Mauritius

The take off distance for a fully laden A380 is roughly 9000 feet; Plaine Magnien runway is 11,056 feet which is also exactly the length required for a fully laden but much less efficient 747, an aircraft that has been flying there for years.

An A380 needs a runway of over 3000m to takeoff.

To me, runway on this video is too short, and the airport seems to be small for A380.

There are a few airports certified for A380 till now, and all of them are large airports, with large runways.

Cant tell either way. Your stuff about small facility and takeoff run isnt correct in the slightest so a drone WAS there next to the airport.
Then its either a CGI A388 or its not. Thats the question.
If it is CGI someone went to a lot of trouble getting a drone to the exact location in the first place.

Spot on, it's Mauritius' main international airport, built to handle 747s which need a LOT more runway than an A380.

Here an old video of an A380 taking off from Lourdes airport which is not far from me - the runway is a mere 9000 feet yet Airbus fly in and out of there on testing all the time. In fact two of the earliest A380s ever made landed there recently to be mothballed be sure they couldn't find new owners.

To me, runway on this video is too short, and the airport seems to be small for A380.

There are a few airports certified for A380 till now, and all of them are large airports, with large runways.

Do some research. This runway is 11,056 feet.

Reactions: MrRobville

...and you do know that the take off requirement for a 747 is 500 metres/1625 feet LONGER than an A380?

Then it's a no brainer that at the very least, the location is 100% genuine. And its use by A380s is 100% genuine. You can check the location easily on Google Maps.

The reason I mentioned the runway length in the context of the 747 is your comment about "a few airports certified for A380" which is blatant nonsense. Virtually any of the hundreds of airports that have been able to take 747s for decades can take an A380, a plane that has itself been in service for eleven years.

It is fake, the aircraft would not be going that slow on the runway continuously then suddenly lift off. The aircraft had sun glinting off the top of it yet it was a completely overcast sky with no clear sunlight showing anywhere, just flat light everywhere, the aircraft passed by the supposed filming drone far too slowly to be real. In reality it would have passed by much more quickly as it came closer, if it were a real aircraft. It is clearly fake to most real pilots and the climb out just looks very video game-ish. Plus the cars on the ground are all jumpy as they drive along the road, not smooth as it would look if it were really being filmed. It shouts out FAKE.
You obviously don’t work in aviation, photography, or outside.

Drone flies close to A380 - Airliners.net

Why do you think it’s fake? You seem to think the A380 is some sort of unicorn and there’s no way it would ever be seen in the wild.
I have been a passenger on a bunch of 380s so I don't know what the heck you're talking about. Every post that I made is regarding the fake animated video that people like you are dramatizing. No need for drama here. We have enough Wackos in the world who claimed to see drones when they are actually not drones. No need for you to add to that ruckus.

Reactions: Cymruflyer
This is SO FAKE! Come on people. Look at it, really look at it and not using your phone.

Whether or not the video is fake is a good question, but the points I and others made were about quoting "evidence" that the airport was wrong (it isn't, it's totally real), or that it couldn't cope with an A380 (it can, and they fly in and out multiple times a day and have done for several years).

I haven't looked at the video on a large HD screen and I don't play games so I can't comment, but if I had any technical question it would be about why a tiny drone didn't get swatted into a frenzy by the turbulence that a large aircraft passing that close with engines at full throttle would cause. Nobodys gimbal control is that good is it? But I'm still on the fence until someone starts pixel diving. After all, look at all those - ahem - windowless aircraft photos taken on 9/11.

Fake or not. Fact is that there are plenty of people flying around in their shiny new or old Mavic, Phantom or whichever drone they own like idiots.

I have over the last couple years seen drones flying around in the neighborhood, drones interrupting our BBQ, drones invading my privacy by hovering outside of my living room window. I once saw a dude holding a Phantom remote, so I walked over to talk with him. He was in awe as he was 2000feet away and almost 3000 feet up. The same height that smaller airplanes (Cessna, pipers, ultralites etc) use when they pass by in that area. When I told him that he was reckless and at the same time broke the law. Not to mention that planes pass this area in said height he scoffed and me, told me mind my own business.

The only language these people would understand is if the police caught them, fined them and in worst case scenarios jail them.

I think that all drones should be equipped with some kind of transponder so that one could easily identify the pilots.

It's sad, because I am all about safety, privacy and not breaking the regulations when flying. But with all these idiots, people are not sure who is flying and gets angry at any drone pilot, even me.

Fake or not. Fact is that there are plenty of people flying around in their shiny new or old Mavic, Phantom or whichever drone they own like idiots.
It's sad, because I am all about safety, privacy and not breaking the regulations when flying. But with all these idiots, people are not sure who is flying and gets angry at any drone pilot, even me.

We need more people like you who abide by the rules.

The problem with people creating fake videos and disseminating them to the forums, press and general public is that it will create panic to those who are uninformed, and are just itching to get all drones grounded. This puts those of us who obey the law at risk of increased scrutiny and regulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WTF-N1466