DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone vs A380

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you seen Avatar? Who Framed Roger Rabbit? The Mask? We are living in the best of times. :)
yep, not impressed. i have a high res beamer and watch them in my private cinema. details are very clear and it's crap. nice but still crap.

Reactions: Former Member
yep, not impressed. i have a high res beamer and watch them in my private cinema. details are very clear and it's crap. nice but still crap.
however that drone movie with tom cruise was neat, but still obviously computer generated.

that someone would create a revolution in the CGI business. If a 'someone' with just a fast computer can do this for fun then why are the latest multi million digital science fiction cgi productions still so crappy?

Well this is even more crappy so major studios don't have to worry, there's a reason the resolution is so low, to hide the issues.

suppose the plane was a layer over a previously shot clip, why would they be so stupid to zoom in and out in the background clip, which clearly would make the job super complex. why would he pan, same thing, stupid if you need to super impose something over it later.
Plane flyby is made in a simulator. Movements are to try and make it look "more real" to the masses. And it doesn't make it any more complex, every modern editor is able to track movements of a clip and align another without effort.

obviously people see what they want to see regardless of the truth. which is why illusionists still earn a living. hasn't it always been this way?
Oblivion!!!!!! I think 10% of that movie was real, 90% CGI, but it was wild.
Cool, that's the one! saw it three times already.

Well this is even more crappy so major studios don't have to worry, there's a reason the resolution is so low, to hide the issues.

Plane flyby is made in a simulator. Movements are to try and make it look "more real" to the masses. And it doesn't make it any more complex, every modern editor is able to track movements of a clip and align another without effort.

sounds reasonable, but we can't be 100% sure it is like you say.

sar, the terrain in FSX is terrible even in the highest settings and added scenery files. FSX is old 32 bits and not updated for more than a decade.

Agreed - I've certainly not seen terrain of the fidelity in a simulator, although I cannot claim to know that none of that quality exist.

So is the consensus that this is real background video with an A380 digitally inserted? Or is the concept of consensus an outdated fantasy in the brave new world of fake news?

obviously people see what they want to see regardless of the truth. which is why illusionists still earn a living. hasn't it always been this way?

Cool, that's the one! saw it three times already.

I watched it as I worked on drones maybe 30 times and never saw it in it's entirety. Now On Demand wants to charge me for it. lol

Agreed - I've certainly not seen terrain of the fidelity in a simulator, although I cannot claim to know that none of that quality exist.

So is the consensus that this is real background video with an A380 digitally inserted? Or is the concept of consensus an outdated fantasy in the brave new world of fake news?
well if it is fake it is probably what you say and kilrah as well. could be.

I watched it as I worked on drones maybe 30 times and never saw it in it's entirety. Now On Demand wants to charge me for it. lol
i have this one one blueray. one of those movies that stay interesting. the plot is quite mind boggling, but i won't spoil it for you.

sar, the terrain in FSX is terrible even in the highest settings and added scenery files. FSX is old 32 bits and not updated for more than a decade.

It has been upgraded to 64 bit by Lockheed Martin on a platform called Prepar3d. They bought the rights from Microsoft several years ago and are selling it for commercial and personal use.

Do they all die at the end? Just kidding.
i could say both yes and no, depending from what angle you look, you still would have to watch the end it to get the clue.

It has been upgraded to 64 bit by Lockheed Martin on a platform called Prepar3d. They bought the rights from Microsoft several years ago and are selling it for commercial and personal use.
interesting, thanks i go have a look.

It’s in 720p, not exactly low resolution. I can’t believe you all are still debating this. You obviously have no experience in CG.

Reactions: Fixaldo
I cant believe you are either. Maybe you just enjoy the attention you are attracting from your contentious and obtuse point of view.
Come on man, the best you can come up with is “I can do it in flight sim x”? Then prove it! Show us! We all know it is not possible to make any flight simulator look even remotely close to this. You are just being butt-hurt because the truth will be upon you shortly and you will be eating your words.

Do you just sit at your computer all day and refresh this page? Good god.

You are in the presence of aviation and science professionals, and you should be humbled. We have British Air pilots, Delta Pilots, Lear Pilots, Military pilots, mechanical engineers, physicists, to name a few. The more you post, there more it sounds like you are a teenage gamer who craves attention and is envious of real pilots.
You are none of those, but good attempt at riding coat-tails. I’m not sure why you are getting so offended that someone has a different opinion. You have provided 0 evidence of your claims that this is fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne