DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone vs tree

Kiwicbrthou

Reactions
So at a party at our place at the weekend, I was doing some videoing of the big water slide.
One of our friends who wants a drone was doing the usual, questions etc.
He wanted to see how fast it could go, into sport mode and I told him how long it takes to pull up, how it has no obstacle avoidance, how careful you have to be yadda yadda.
Took it up to what I thought was high enough but as you may have already guessed wasn’t haha.
Good thing was it was just smaller branches and after going to find it the only damage was a cut in a couple of the props, but replaced them all and she lives to fly another day.
Note to self, don’t get distracted, check on gimbal that there’s nothing in front of you!

Tree wins in most cases.

Get a cash deposit from anyone who wants to fly your drone at a party
I'm not sure he actually let the other person fly it, but in my case I usually say something like, "I was brought up to share my toys, but not this one. Sorry." I've let "someone else" fly mine twice and the first time he put it right into a large shrub. No damage, but still.... He's now got a few of his own and does video work with exotic cars and stuff (my son) and could probably outfly me, so if he asks again, I'll let him fly mine... .but he's the one exception.