DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone went for a swim

minipro3

Reactions
Flying in backyard in wind and drone ended up in pool. I retrieved it out of water in about 10 seconds. When I try to turn on, nothing happens, no lights on drone. It's been about an hour 1/2 since dunk. Need you guys advice. I could go thru Care Refresh which takes about 6 weeks OR there is a repair guy close by, he said he would swap up for another unit. He didn't say how much $$$. Pros and Cons ??? It's a Mini 3 Pro. Used Care Refresh once already.

It's been about an hour 1/2 since dunk.
People leave them in warm dry places for DAYS before trying to turn a dunked drone on. I have seen some people mention a week of drying.
You will be lucky is you haven't done more damage to the drone.
Try a google for my "drone went for a swim" I am certain you will find loads of threads and possible remedies.
I would suggest you ignore those that mention the use of rice.

I used a hair dryer for Is first measures. Then I put mine in a dehydrator for a few days. The battery will always be shot. The electronics is very strong in these drones. I don't know anything about your model, mine was a phantom. It ran fine after that.

Just place it on the shelf , near a fire place would be ok, wait a day , throw the battery away as that is comprimsied.
If it does not start up than likely you main board and ESC if not all the Sensors burned out as well.

At that point swapping might be a good move and getting a Rescue Pod or Rescue Jacket for your next Drone if you continue to want to fly by the pool. lol

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the rain .. Land on the Water. float on top of the pool

Flying in backyard in wind and drone ended up in pool.

Pool chemicals may have an effect on the electronics like salt water?

Even if you get it dried out and possibly run, the residue left behind from the pool chemicals may have an adverse affect in the future.

Use the care refresh.

Reactions: RodPad
Sorry to hear of your loss. I would contact DJI and start a case for replacement.

I used Care Refresh for an Air 2s retrieved after a tree crash. It took less than 10 days for a replacement (not to far from Orlando) coming from Texas. Just start the process from your Care Refresh account. It really was simple--and fast.

I used Care Refresh for an Air 2s retrieved after a tree crash. It took less than 10 days for a replacement (not to far from Orlando) coming from Texas. Just start the process from your Care Refresh account. It really was simple--and fast.
Wow, 10 days. I did a care refresh in the past and it was 6 weeks from the time I mailed out till I received back ! Will try again.

Did a care refresh in the UK. Had a replacement in my hands in 6 days even with a delay in customs shed in Netherlands.

YES I have read that many times!!

Rod ..

Use Care and Refresh. 💯
There's no telling what may have been compromised during its swim.
DJI will have you fixed up, and flying again, in no time.
It only took 4 days for my replacement to arrive from Texas, and I'm located in North Carolina.

Flying in backyard in wind and drone ended up in pool. I retrieved it out of water in about 10 seconds. When I try to turn on, nothing happens, no lights on drone. It's been about an hour 1/2 since dunk. Need you guys advice. I could go thru Care Refresh which takes about 6 weeks OR there is a repair guy close by, he said he would swap up for another unit. He didn't say how much $$$. Pros and Cons ??? It's a Mini 3 Pro. Used Care Refresh once already.

Welcome to the Forum!

Confusing at first. :)👌

Start a thread here.

Actually, I just looked at that link it says Post a Thread, should be more like Create a new Thread. :)

Rod ..

So after reading responses and calling DJI, decided to send back to DJI and use Care Refresh. I had put drone in attic space for 2 days and drone finally started up and worked. Even went for a fly and it seemed to work fine, but didn't want to take any chances of problems down the line.
They are replacing , will get back Wednesday. New Drone and One new battery. Took 2 weeks from door to door.
They had me send everything back to them, remote , Drone , and all batteries.

DJI repair.png

Welcome to the Forum!

Confusing at first. :)👌

Start a thread here.

Actually, I just looked at that link it says Post a Thread, should be more like Create a new Thread. :)

Rod ..
Hey Rod, not understanding your post. I can only see where I can Post a Thread, not create one

Hey Rod, not understanding your post. I can only see where I can Post a Thread, not create one
That was Sept 20th, no big deal. If you want to know send me a pm. Its not important to you asking about teaching a bird to swim. 👌

Rod ..

I just used DJI Refresh care and had my M3P replaced. I had a new unit within 7 days. Guess it depends where you live also.

I just used DJI Refresh care and had my M3P replaced. I had a new unit within 7 days. Guess it depends where you live also.
Just out of curiosity when you say new unit, is it brand new, refurbished (and therefore new to you) or unknown. Ultimately it probably does not matter as I assume DJI thoroughly goes over all returns.

It appears to be new. I had read a post a while ago, saying if the s/n had an “R” at the 9th position, that it was a refurbished one. Don’t know it that’s really true though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_