DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone won't fly left or right

Alcape2

Premium Pilot
Reactions
When I move the right stick left or right on my controller my AIR2S does not respond. Drone is pretty new, have very little flight time. Any ideas on where I can start diagnosing the issue?

Disregard. Drone firmware updated and now operates left and right.
The firmware update probably reset the setting that does control sideways flight thats probably in the safety settings as others have noted. It's handy to be aware of, if that every happens again, it's not a bug, its been turned on when you were not expecting it.

Reactions: twickers14
the disable sideways flight is for when the drone is in APAS or as its called bypass mode ,it is to prevent the pilot from over correcting sideways flight in bypass when flying between narrow obstacles , the drone will move sideways itself to bypass obstacles in its path ,but it does not have sensors on the sides of the drone to stop it hitting something along side it when it is stationary
you will have probably noticed that when it is in Bypass mode ,the control sticks need only a very gentle movement to make the drone go left or right ,and its very easy to give to much stick input ,and cause it to move to much ,hence having the disable sideways movement setting ,to prevent this happening

When I move the right stick left or right on my controller my AIR2S does not respond. Drone is pretty new, have very little flight time. Any ideas on where I can start diagnosing the issue?
As noted, it’s the obstacle avoidance setting that stops the roll flight stick input control, as an aircraft safety measure. Updates reset settings.

If you turn setting off or avoidance off, the roll stick control comes back.

Not overly intuitive when it happens to you, but makes sense in the safety aspect for drone when you stop to think about it.

This happened to me on my day-old Mini 3.

Neither my retailer nor DJI support were able to diagnose my sudden inability to fly sideways. This despite me asking my retailer explicitly “Is there any possibility I inadvertently caused this”?

DJI requested I return the drone for replacement. So now I have no drone for at least two weeks.

The only reason I knew this was a thing was a message on the screen telling me it was disabled. I suppose there were a number of rookie pilots ending maiden flights in tears with aircraft crashing into trees, cars and other objects and that's why dji has done this.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78