DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

drone won't shut off or turn on

railfan-eric

Reactions
Today My drone takes like 10 tries to get it to come on. Then it takes about 10 tries to get it to turn off or i pull the battery. What is wrong? I don't know what to do. it's stuck on at the moment. Everytime i try to turn it on or off all the lights flash on the battery.

I know it sounds stupid, but are you sure you're pressing the power button and then pressing again while holding it down? It took me two goes to power up yesterday because I let go of the button on the second press too early.

I know it sounds stupid, but are you sure you're pressing the power button and then pressing again while holding it down? It took me two goes to power up yesterday because I let go of the button on the second press too early.
I've been using the drone for a year and my friends drones for many years before that. i know it can be tricky sometimes to time it just right. but this is worst then that. i've been sitting here trying to turn it off for 10 mins and 10 mins where i was flying earlier.

got it back on but now it won't go off. i have noticed it seemed to be doing this off and on the last few times i flew in the last few months. And i was wondering what i was doing wrong.

What is the age of the battery?
How many times has it been charged?
What is the charge level of the battery?
Do you have the same problem if you use a different fully charged battery?
Did I miss somewhere in the details what drone you have?

What is the age of the battery?
How many times has it been charged?
What is the charge level of the battery?
Do you have the same problem if you use a different fully charged battery?
Did I miss somewhere in the details what drone you have?
I tried all three charged batteries. it's a DJI Mini 2. I didn't say what it was because it's in the Mini 2 forum. I bought the drone sometime in March of last year.

Does the DJI Fly app for the mini give you information on the battery when the drone is powered on?
If the problem persists with 3 different batteries then it is no likely a battery switch problem.
If it's an internal problem it may be best to contact DJI for next steps.

Does the DJI Fly app for the mini give you information on the battery when the drone is powered on?
If the problem persists with 3 different batteries then it is no likely a battery switch problem.
what do you mean give me info on the battery?

I'm not familiar with the FLY app for the mini but for Air 2s there is an option to view battery information. I'm not home right now to check the specifics of the DJI Fly app.

I guess I need to correct myself as I assumed the mini used the same battery on-off switch as other mavics Doing some research the switch is on the body off the AC not the battery so my analysis is wrong.
Still, batter information should be available.
Likely DJI needs to be involved.
Was the mini purchased new?

Djifly app,,,click on battery in SAFETY,,I think battery ok it sound like the switch not working properly but need to remove cover and see what's up,,,,,,,this is SE so same set up20220303_144035.jpg20220303_144048.jpg

Out of curiosity, what is the correct on/off procedure for the mini? Is it press and hold or press once, the press and hold like the other mavic battery sequences?

I sprayed contact cleaner on the button multiple times till I was able to get to turn on and off pretty fast like normal. I don't know if it truly fixed the problem.
Here's a video from a bloke who fixed a power button problem like yours. I'd be taking mine to a computer repair place, lol...

Reactions: railfan-eric
do you think the electrical contact cleaner is a fix or a temp fix? So far i turned it on and off close to 10 times. hopefully it stays fixed.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk