DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DroneDeploy - lousy forum and map issue

TexasRancher

Reactions
So,

I have not had good weather or time to fly lately, but over Easter I was able to fly over a friend's place to map his 7-ish acres.

Now, I had seen something strange once in DroneDeploy but was unsure if it was me, so I made TWO passes of his place so I would not have to drive there again.

When I uploaded the photos, about 204 each, one of them was "cut in half", the other came out fine. The only thing I changed was the direction of the flight, seeing if it would be nicer.

The drone flew the entire place and took the number of photos it estimated. It also looked exactly the same as the other copy as I did exactly that, I made a copy of the first one then rotated the direction.

Also... since I have the free version, I have to use their forum and it is horrible. Cannot post anything till they approve you to post and it is a clunky forum... i.e. it offered so many suggestions when I typed in the title that I could not get to the body description area of the form so submitted an empty message... for them to review... go figure.

So, anyone else had weird issues with their mapping programs?

Russ

I just downloaded the trial Few days ago and wanted to use the Mavic for this. But on the tutorial the Mavic was not included. I do have the Inspire but did want to use it unless I had too. What drone are you using. So far I’m not impressed with any part of DroneDeploy.

If you want to use the Mavic PRO, that‘s OK. That craft is supported by DD.

What quality do you or your clients expect? What later use do you have in mind? Survey, 3D, agriculture?

Then decide what craft you are using.
I use either the Inspire 1 or the M200.

If you want to use the Mavic PRO, that‘s OK. That craft is supported by DD.

What quality do you or your clients expect? What later use do you have in mind? Survey, 3D, agriculture?

Then decide what craft you are using.
I use either the Inspire 1 or the M200.

I want to produce an accurate overview of customers property. Most are city lots, some are 5 -8 acre school yards. Then use the image in our landscape program.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair