DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dronelink is released!

Well, for me, in regard to Litchi, I'm ok with occasional updates/fixes and minor feature additions for the one time price paid. My expectation for what I paid and what I'm getting is spot on. I don't expect them to do much more than what I wanted as a basic tenet of their app: to provide a way to program an autonomous flight from the convenience of my home computer. For what I paid it would be realistic to expect more more and I'm ok with that.
Or if they added a very major feature that significantly changed the app in a very big way, I might be willing to pay for that as an "add on upgrade" (one time payment). Maybe they do that once a year, and leave it up to their customers if they want to buy the upgrade or continue using a basic version of the app.
Don't get me wrong, I'm very interested in Dronelink. If there was a one time buy in that was higher and a reasonable annual maintenance fee I'd likely bite but even then I'd want a trial period to be sure this is a good fit for my hobby.
Dronelink looks great, but I totally agree..... $100.00 (~$150 Australian) , is way too much for a hobbyist like me.

The existing flight apps currently do it all for me, even though they may not be as good as Dronelink.
If Dronelink cost less, I would certainly go for it, but as it is, I simply can't afford a $150 recurring cost to do a minimal number of flights. Maybe even if Dronelink was a one-off purchase, with the updates being ALSO purchases, I would go for it after deciding if I needed/wanted the update.

As for comparing it with other apps... well.... these are aimed at the more professional commercial pilots, and if so, then this is fine.... Commercial pilots paying for apps like these is part of their business.... The hobbyist versions are less expensive (granted, with less functionality as well).

I DO understand the effort Dronelink have put into this, and also the need to recoup their R&D investment, but again, for a hobbyist like me, its a little out of my affordability range, when there are other tools to achieve my purposes.

Last edited:
I’d like get it to train up my students. Corp Card doesn’t like me putting subscriptions on it so not really an option for me at the moment. Could be a good business model, as students that learn with this software and use it on my training drones would probably wish to purchase for their own private platforms after finishing the course.
(Local DJI store does well out of me and offers all of my students 15% discount as well as looking after me ?)

Reactions: GaryR.
We are excited to announce that Dronelink is now free for individuals that want to fly missions for non-commercial purposes. This includes recreational and educational users, and even professionals that are looking to test Dronelink before making a commitment.

Our long-term mission has always been to make Dronelink available to as many people as possible, and we are grateful that the incredible demand for the pro, team, and enterprise plans is allowing us to make our product available to you at no cost. We believe that using automation is the first step toward flying commercial missions, but if you just want to have fun with it (and maybe help us test new features along the way), enjoy!

For those of you who already paid for a Pro account and are not flying commercially, contact support and we will happily give you a refund.

Wow, that is great ! I had already posted a new thread on this but thanks so much for what you did. I will definitely check it out now! I'm hurrying trying to find and download downlink for my iPad mini 4 as I type :)

Jim,

That is great news and should open a whole new world of flight automation for many that are limited by what has been available up to now.

Exceptional

Ditto to everything written in previous posts.
I hope to do commercial work, and would be happy to pay an annual subscription if I got work.... This will help a lot of people become familiar with this app, and pay for it once the work comes in....
Great job Dronelink!

Reactions: dronelink
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying