DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dronelink is released!

I have been flying with Dronelink on IOS since July without incident.
So, is it simply just pre-planning way-points (the mission) before the bird gets airborne? I watched the video and it wasn't completely clear about how it completes the mission. . . .

So, is it simply just pre-planning way-points (the mission) before the bird gets airborne? I watched the video and it wasn't completely clear about how it completes the mission. . . .
An native app on your Ground Station device runs the mission in the field, much like other programs or GS apps do.

There are a number of videos on their Youtube channel that show more about this neat approach to missions.

An native app on your Ground Station device runs the mission in the field, much like other programs or GS apps do.

There are a number of videos on their Youtube channel that show more about this neat approach to missions.

Thanks for the link . . . I was just searching for it!

That looks really nice. Gives me pause about using Litchi, even though I think Litchi is easy to use, like the ability to view your flight in the app. Might have to give this one a try but not sure about the $100 annual fee, plus I have to wait for it to be ready for my iPad.

The new flight automation app Dronelink is live. More information for pricing here: www.dronelink.com
It’s a shame there is no discount provided for those people who worked with the beta test versions to help you get to the public release. (I emailed but have had no response.)

Check here: Dronelink
Seems like USD100/year for the minimum version where you can fly the missions.

The Dronelink Pro version for $100 per year isn’t a minimum version, because it has all features to plan your mission in a browser, preview it in 3D and load the plan into the native app to fly the mission. The other versions of Dronelink got the team features.

That looks really nice. Gives me pause about using Litchi, even though I think Litchi is easy to use, like the ability to view your flight in the app. Might have to give this one a try but not sure about the $100 annual fee, plus I have to wait for it to be ready for my iPad.

In the Litchi app for iOS it isn’t possible to have a preview of your mission, but Dronelink has the ability to watch a preview in 3D.

It’s a shame there is no discount provided for those people who worked with the beta test versions to help you get to the public release. (I emailed but have had no response.)

But if you compare the price with other automatic flight apps the asking price is a bargain with all these pro features.

Reactions: parkgt
The Dronelink Pro version for $100 per year isn’t a minimum version, because it has all features to plan your mission in a browser, preview it in 3D and load the plan into the native app to fly the mission. The other versions of Dronelink got the team features.
I kind of think it is really - there’s no version cheaper than $100, so it’s the minimum paid version available. $100 a year is rather steep for the average pilot, imho. (And having been in the beta, I won’t be buying the public version at this price level.)

But if you compare the price with other automatic flight apps the asking price is a bargain with all these pro features.
I’m sure you understand my point better than that...

I kind of think it is really - there’s no version cheaper than $100, so it’s the minimum paid version available. $100 a year is rather steep for the average pilot, imho. (And having been in the beta, I won’t be buying the public version at this price level.)

Dronelink thinks about a special version for hobbyists.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's my only rub, the price is too steep for someone that isn't making money like a commercial pilot. I think a pricing model similar to Airdata would be better and more affordable for people that are occasional users vs heavy users vs commercial users.

I did the beta test and was looking forward to the full release, but $100/year is just too much for my recreational use. I already have a license for Litchi and it does almost everything I need. If DroneLink had a lower cost option, I would go for it.

Reactions: ajkm
Airdata UAV got me hooked with their zero cost usage for a small number of flights. Once I was hooked, I upgraded. I wouldn't have even bought into them had I not had the opportunity to use them for awhile and come to rely on the benefit. Great pricing model, zero to use/try for a few flights then upgrade tiers based on usage, what amounts to a casual hobbyist up to a large commercial application.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78