DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drones and Pacemakers

R.Cowan

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Recent health changes are resulting in recommendations from my doctor to have a pacemaker installed. Any pilots out there able to share if I should have concerns about the RC and possible interference with a pacemaker?

Reactions: GregS and GFields
Recent health changes are resulting in recommendations from my doctor to have a pacemaker installed. Any pilots out there able to share if I should have concerns about the RC and possible interference with a pacemaker?
Your safe with "Drones" however one thing that has come to light recently is wireless charging for Phones/watches, there are reports of them Glitching some pacemakers...your doctor should tell you all the "What ifs" before implanting. I know it isn't funny but I had a buddy with a Pacemaker and defibrillator installed, we found out on accident once what happened when he was to close to the Microwave. It kept firing the defib, we had to drag him out of the house (Not sure why we didn't shut of Micro?). Wasn't funny then, but we did chuckle and joke about it to this day. They have made great strides since then, I wish you well.

Reactions: Rchawks and R.Cowan
If you find yourself flying instead of the drone, try turning the remote controller around. ;)

I searched several sites and it seems as though you would be just fine. Just Google the question, "Can I fly a drone wearing a pacemaker?" There are many articles, and they are all saying it is safe.

Dale Davis, M.D.

Reactions: R.Cowan
As a former Pacemaker Company Rep, you don't have to worry. The big scare were microwave ovens. I would tell them the only way it would affect them was if they climbed in too.

Your safe with "Drones" however one thing that has come to light recently is wireless charging for Phones/watches, there are reports of them Glitching some pacemakers...your doctor should tell you all the "What ifs" before implanting. I know it isn't funny but I had a buddy with a Pacemaker and defibrillator installed, we found out on accident once what happened when he was to close to the Microwave. It kept firing the defib, we had to drag him out of the house (Not sure why we didn't shut of Micro?). Wasn't funny then, but we did chuckle and joke about it to this day. They have made great strides since then, I wish you well.
Thank you Repaid1, I appreciate you sharing that information. I too am possibly looking at a pacemaker and defibrillator. I kept thinking of the possibility of something like that happening while flying. I feel much better with the information I'm getting back from my fellow pilots, but will gather more from the Dr.

I searched several sites and it seems as though you would be just fine. Just Google the question, "Can I fly a drone wearing a pacemaker?" There are many articles, and they are all saying it is safe.

Dale Davis, M.D.
Thank you Dale! I appreciate your information.

As a former Pacemaker Company Rep, you don't have to worry. The big scare were microwave ovens. I would tell them the only way it would affect them was if they climbed in too.
Thanks Greg...the feedback I'm getting seems to be all positive and making me feel much better about being able to continue doing what I love.

Thank you sir! I appreciate your input.
it shouldn’t interfere with drone signal and range if you wrap yourself with aluminum foil 😁
wish you best with surgery 👍

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev