DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

drones catching drones with a net

motopokep

Reactions
Check this out, police in Japan are catching drones....with drones. We were just discussing this on another thread about stealing drones out of the air, and I came up with the idea of drones catching drones with a net, before ever knowing this already exists. I predicted this could happen in the future...well, here it is:

Watch Japanese cops use a net-equipped drone to catch a ‘rogue’ quadcopter

Uhhh, I think I would see that monstrous drone equipped with the huge net from about a mile away. Then one quick switch to Sport Mode and I would blow the doors off.

Easy to do in a large open space. Like to see them try it with trees and powerlines around. LOL

This is what they are planning on using at the Olympics starting on Thursday i believe.

all good points, but the next step would be for the drone to shoot out a net. we wouldn't suspect anything is wrong as we would think it's simply another drone flying by us. But then again, this would occur only in no fly zones, so we'd know right away if we're approached by another, possibly large drone, then it's carrying a covert net.

But even the next step up will be drone thieves using these types of drones in any area. With the price of our drones starting to break the $1,000 mark, there will be a black market for drones stolen out of the sky, one day. A youtuber already mentioned his drone was shot down out of the sky and stolen, and another member on here just posted that his car got broken into and mavic stolen.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FollyRJ