DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drones in Emergency Response

2nckayakers

Reactions
I've been trying to find out how to use my drone to help with the relief effort

The people currently in the TFR who are "allowed" to fly are some of my emergency response friends from SWARM drones. We are an international group of guys dedicated to non-profit search & rescue operations. The fly permits were granted within 30 minutes of asking, however there was a temporary restriction earlier today due to privacy concerns. We dispatched some folks from New York who met up with the local agencies down there.

SAR Drones | Search And Rescue Drones

Last edited:
Public emergency response agencies have SOPs that usually state passer-by video is allowed if offered with the understanding of no compensation, just like cell phone images or video, but tacitly "allowing" 3rd party operators to fly is not usually done. This goes back to the public agency CoAs and/or Part 107 requirements and who assumes responsibility. 3rd party operators can be contracted with proper vetting, but Bubba showing up with his homebuilt is unreliable and therefore turned away. Also, the TFRs minimize the aircraft deconfliction needed between manned and/or unmanned, if the agencies have their own UAS programs. The uniform services and other federal agencies (NTSB, etc) are directed to operate this way by their various aviation safety programs, which all are required to have.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair