DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drones Threatened Nuclear Facilities

No.

...but I am starting to see how limited comprehension and a curious grasp over how the world works might make you see "threats" not realizing you might be the only one, for yourself.

For further elucidation and edification of other participants on this thread, here's the PM I just received from Kate:

"Id watch what you say m8.
People have friends around the world.
I know your not in portugal, your a dog for all i know and not a pilot Captain.
In the rare case you are, why dont you grab your pilots hat and fark off to the Big Plane forum, and stop making grandious insinuations/threats toward members in a public thread.

Watch out for those Canadian geese eh
Be well :)
or be a ***** and go tell the mod i said some bad stuff
"

MK

Last edited:
Stay safe MavicKhan, there some serious idiots on this forum...

There are some serious idiots flying drones that have no business flying these things. If you can't abide by the rules, then DON'T buy a drone. And don't think that there is a loyalty or brotherhood between drone pilots because there isn't. Anybody with enough money can buy a drone and fly it, but not anyone can fly a plane...it isn't the same brotherhood

don't think that there is a loyalty or brotherhood between drone pilots because there isn't.

Thats a bold statement my friend.
I put it up on Droneracingpilots.com to see if they felt the same way as you.

Also, Why cant anyone fly a plane? Please explain it to me.

Anybody with enough money can buy a drone and fly it, but not anyone can fly a plane...it isn't the same brotherhood

Im a bit perplexed by this statement too, a planes no different to a drone or any other buy able commodity , anyone with enough money can fly a plane, if you got enough money you could even buy a fighter jet from one of the old soviet states and they will throw in how to fly it free of charge, would probably even let you strafe some stuff if you gave then enough cash

I just meant that it takes more than having money to be able to fly a plane. One has to have extensive training and education prior to getting in the pilots seat to prove they are competent and responsible. As opposed to a drone, anyone can go to the store and put down $1200 and walk away with a drone and within minutes, have it in the air flying.

I'm just saying that there are some irresponsible people flying drones that will eventually cause tighter regulation on this hobby.

As opposed to a drone, anyone can go to the store and put down $1200 and walk away with a drone and within minutes, have it in the air flying.

That's kind of the basis of what is great about our hobby buddy.
A relative ease of Accessibility to the sky.

I think you pilots are bitter because "anyone" can now enjoy the same vistas and ease of flight
that you had to hump a bit to achieve. You cant just be happy for us so
you hide it behind the assumption the majority of people purchasing drones must be irresponsible.

FYI: Youtube and Fox news at 6 arent nessacerily the real world

I guarantee is it cynical people like you who will make it harder for people to have drones.
If you had the power to change drone laws, would you do it today?
Everything suggests the only people who ill change drone laws are pilots and some of the
tighter assed cynical people here who actually fly them.

Here is the headline of the story:
"Drones threatened nuclear facilities"

Here is a quote from the story:
"Drone aircraft recently carried out unauthorized intrusions over Air Force and Navy nuclear facilities..."

Here is another quote:
"There have been no news reports of drones making flights over nuclear facilities."

So, according to this article... drones flew "unauthorized intrusions over... nuclear facilities" but also have not flown over nuclear facilities. Odd.

I think the government does need to look at address these types of issues. However, I doubt a small UAV should pose much of a threat to a nuclear facility. It's not like it can carry enough explosives to do much damage. I do think UAV's could pose a much bigger issue several years in the future.

At first glance that may seem odd but there could have been Un-authorized flights and yet no news reports . The Airforce and Navy may simply have not involved the media .

Also I don't think explosives being carried by the drones are the only concern . Flying over such facilities could very well be seen as a possible surveillance scouting mission for a traditional terrorists attack . Very valid concerns in this day .

As to other comments in this thread , someone said security forces do not have the authority to shoot down a drone over such a facility being airspace is under FAA regulation , but there is that Dept of Homeland Security created after 9/11 that most likely does give them that waiver to do so .

Also , flying a toy drone is not the same as being a full scale pilot , not even in the same class . More like a simulated game because you never leave the ground or have to know how to read detailed NOTAMS , METARS , charts etc .. Most people could not pass the FAA exam to be a pilot , heck , most here do not pass the part 107 required test to fly a drone commercially so believe me when I say full scale pilots do not get jealous of your drone flying abilities . LOL

And last but not least , the one thing as bad as the drone police commenting on post where a rule has been broken, might well be arrogant flyers with no common sense or regard for others posting the stuff in the first place . Each should simply ignore and move on to another thread .

Australia has a JSF "fleet"?
No offense, but I hope you dont get invaded.
F18E is as good, has better ordinace capabilities, and most important is cheaper.
Why have a showpony squadron when you can have a stallion wing
even the pilots dont want it in a real combat situation

Aussies will like this
The F-35: A Weapon That Costs More Than Australia
Haha not yet. We have a few visiting aircraft occasionally but our orders are delayed. And I agree with you about this choice of craft, as do most of our defence force. Our politicians always buy something THEY think is cool.
Back in the late 80s, it was decided we would change our main general issue rifle from the old SLR (L1A1). The army tested 3 weapons over 12 months and came up with the recommended weapon. The Styer came in 3rd place. At that time the minister fro defence saw a styer and was quoted as saying, "this is a cool gun".
guess what our defence force decided to replace the SLR with.
Happens all the time. Our last submarine fleet was such a failure. The either couldn't submerge (well they could, they just couldn't surface again) and were so loud you guys in the U.S. could them operating. Now 2 decades later we have decided to build a new fleet. Sure enough, decision recently made to build them in same shipyards.
The biggest strength of our military is our servicemen. Without doubt among the best in the world. We just don't have the equipment.

O, I forgot to mention our rescue choppers that have to leave crew behind if they pick up more than 1 patient

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalinbbc27