Join Us Now

DroneViewer released for Mac and Windows

wanderer

Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mydroneviewer.com
As a new vendor on MavicPilots, we are pleased to announce the release of DroneViewer and DroneViewer Pro for your Mavic Pro.

DroneViewer displays your DJI drone videos in a whole new way! While your movie is playing you can see your drone’s position on a Google Map. You can geotag key positions in the video and jump back to them instantly. You can click on your route in the Map View to jump immediately to that point in the movie. You can export portions of your videos to separate clips, or export just a single geotagged frame. DroneViewer has multiple views including graphs of your drone’s speed, altitude, distance, and bearing. Imperial and metric units are supported. We supply a 60-page User's Manual with the software. Best of all DroneViewer runs on both Mac and Windows computers and is compatible with the Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 series, Phantom 3, and Phantom 2 with FlyTrex Core 2 data logger.
droneviewer_sm.jpg

Screenshot of DroneViewer showing current location of drone (red dot) and geotags at key points in the video. Current speed and other statistics are shown in the dashboard and graphs. Line-Of-Sight distances from geotags are shown in the Movies and Geotags window. This was taken near the oil islands of Long Beach, CA.

Version 1.0.1 has the following updates:

New Features:
  • Added compatibility with Phantom 4 Pro v2, which embeds its GPS data inside the movie file itself. Note that Video Caption must be enabled in the Go App for this to occur. Earlier Phantom 4 Pro drones (and possibly Inspire2 drones), which also store their SRT data in the movies, may work as well although I haven’t tested them.
Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed bug in which consecutive movies recorded at significantly different times would not update the cursor correctly.
  • Fixed bug in which SRT data points stored at greater than 1 Hz were not loaded properly.
Here is a movie that demonstrates some of DroneViewer in action:

Please visit our website to download the software and learn more about DroneViewer.

Thanks,
John
FAA Part 107 UAS Pilot

Sounds good, will give a try.

Looks good. I like that you have a trial version. Can you expand on what the "one movie load limit" means? Can you only use the program once?

Looks good. I like that you have a trial version. Can you expand on what the "one movie load limit" means? Can you only use the program once?

You can use the trial version as many times as you like, but you can only load one movie into it at a time. With the paid version ($25) you can load 10 movies into the program at once. With DroneViewer Pro ($125) you can load 100 at a time.

You can use the trial version as many times as you like, but you can only load one movie into it at a time. With the paid version ($25) you can load 10 movies into the program at once. With DroneViewer Pro ($125) you can load 100 at a time.
Is there a discount in case of upgrade from paid to pro version or the full price of pro has to be paid?

Some comments from a first trial:

Preferences:
  • m/s unit as speed could be also good to have.
Maps:
  • The map windows don't like to be resized, program crash on my computer. Workaround, just not try to resize it.
  • Would be nice to be able to resize map and graphs windows so the layout can be more user defined on exotic display size.
  • In the map view, it would be good to be able to enable/disable the auto-center function.
  • Home point location could be good to have too.
Graphics:
  • In the graphs, it could be also good to have a custom panel where user can selected to plot not only one dataset but any.
  • In the graphs, could be good optional handle
  • In the graphics, the auto scale is not so perfect but I don't know what rule is behind. A flight with 20 m height only remain plotted in a 100 m scale. Would be expected to be 25 or 50 m.
  • The resolution of bearing graph looks to be 45o.
  • Bearing with wrapping over 0/360o limits so absolute yaw can be viewed would be nice.
  • Distance to home point as extra graph?
Video
  • Is handling of picture foreseen? Tagging on map and display.
  • Video/ pic export, would be good to be able to use the geotags to define limit of the export. You need to write down the start and stop you want before opening the export window.
  • Would be good to select the folder where export of screenshoot will be located.
General:
  • Is there a plan to be able to read DJI flight log files .txt generated by the Go4 app? So the map travel would be more smooth and maybe more dataset can be plotted as graphic? Ideal would be to define the directory where the .txt files are and when a video is processed to search for the related .txt file.

The main advantage is that the process with your software is easy to do and give a good idea where the video was taken.
As you explained, the resolution of GPS coordinate in the SRT file generated by DJI is poor and so limit the quality of the information displayed on map and in graphics. It cannot be really used for diagnostic in case of issues.
With the support of flight log it would really give a boost in quality of info.

My 2 cents.

Thanks for the good work and reasonable pricing.

@Dronason, thanks for trying out the software and providing the valuable feedback!

With your advice, I have added the following new features, which will be in the next release (v1.0.2):
  • Added new speed unit selection for graphs and dials: meters/second
  • Added new Line-of-Sight distance graph
  • Made improvements to autoscaling of graph data
droneviewer_los_graph.jpg

Coming in v1.0.2: New LOS graph with thanks to Dronason
In the map view, it would be good to be able to enable/disable the auto-center function.

This option is already there, but you may not have seen it if the Map window was narrow. If you expand the Map window horizontally, the Map controls will appear. Turn off the "Follow" checkbox and the marker will move and the map will stay put (see image). I have not been able to repeat the crash when resizing the Map window.

I plan to add more file formats as the program evolves. One nice thing about the SRT files is that they are keyed to the movie. This means that SRT file x.SRT contains data for only movie x.MOV. The log .txt files are not keyed to the movie files which means they will need to be manually synchronized to the movie.

I also like some of your other ideas, such as specifying the location of screenshots (instead of Desktop). Will consider these for future updates.

John

With your advice, I have added the following new features, which will be in the next release (v1.0.2):
  • Added new speed unit selection for graphs and dials: meters/second
  • Added new Line-of-Sight distance graph
  • Made improvements to autoscaling of graph data
Thanks for the quick update.

This option is already there, but you may not have seen it if the Map window was narrow. If you expand the Map window horizontally, the Map controls will appear. Turn off the "Follow" checkbox and the marker will move and the map will stay put (see image). I have not been able to repeat the crash when resizing the Map window.
On my Laptop Win7-64, I don't see such option but I see what you mean and as I cannot resize that windows. It explains it.
On my Desktop (also Win7-64) I got it and map resizing works. Only small problem is that it don't remember from session to session the map position (was on my second monitor but start always on first) and size (seems to be a little smaller, not really a problem).

Both have dual monitors, Desktop has screen size 5760x2160 (2x4k side by side, text 150 %) and laptop size is 1920x2280 (2x full HD, text 100 %, 2nd on top of main monitor). Win7 is not that good on exotic or very high resolution.
On laptop, I get that message if I try to resize the map:
Code:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    DroneViewer.exe
  Application Version:    0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:    5b492b18
  Fault Module Name:    ig75icd64.dll
  Fault Module Version:    10.18.14.4432
  Fault Module Timestamp:    570814e5
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    000000000054b285
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:    2057
  Additional Information 1:    8419
  Additional Information 2:    84198541eea0b2554c9d7251a6bdf23b
  Additional Information 3:    df8a
  Additional Information 4:    df8a88f25d2413aa40231d54ff6fe44d

I plan to add more file formats as the program evolves. One nice thing about the SRT files is that they are keyed to the movie. This means that SRT file x.SRT contains data for only movie x.MOV. The log .txt files are not keyed to the movie files which means they will need to be manually synchronized to the movie.
Based on date of modification for the 2 files (MP4 and SRT), there could be a way to have the start time of the video ±0.5 seconds and then search for that time in the .TXT files, if needed small adjustment for fine sync could be done manually. Just an idea.

One question remains: Is there a discount in case of upgrade from paid to pro version or the full price of pro has to be paid?

It sounds like this issue is specific to your Win7 dual-monitor laptop setup. I have not received any other crash reports. In the Windows system requirements I specify Win10 as the recommend OS since I don't test on Win7.

One question remains: Is there a discount in case of upgrade from paid to pro version or the full price of pro has to be paid?

Yes, you only pay the difference, not the full price. Here are details on upgrading to Pro.

Thanks,
John

Noticed a small details but when using the button OpenMovieFolder, it would be good if the content of the folder can be viewed so identification of content can be done before opening it.
With the normal version limited to 10 files, if the directory has more than 10 files in it, what is the criteria to select 10 files out of the one present in that folder?

As a new vendor on MavicPilots, we are pleased to announce the release of DroneViewer and DroneViewer Pro for your Mavic Pro.

DroneViewer displays your DJI drone videos in a whole new way! While your movie is playing you can see your drone’s position on a Google Map. You can geotag key positions in the video and jump back to them instantly. You can click on your route in the Map View to jump immediately to that point in the movie. You can export portions of your videos to separate clips, or export just a single geotagged frame. DroneViewer has multiple views including graphs of your drone’s speed, altitude, distance, and bearing. Imperial and metric units are supported. We supply a 60-page User's Manual with the software. Best of all DroneViewer runs on both Mac and Windows computers and is compatible with the Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 series, Phantom 3, and Phantom 2 with FlyTrex Core 2 data logger.
droneviewer_sm.jpg

Screenshot of DroneViewer showing current location of drone (red dot) and geotags at key points in the video. Current speed and other statistics are shown in the dashboard and graphs. Line-Of-Sight distances from geotags are shown in the Movies and Geotags window. This was taken near the oil islands of Long Beach, CA.

Version 1.0.1 has the following updates:

New Features:
  • Added compatibility with Phantom 4 Pro v2, which embeds its GPS data inside the movie file itself. Note that Video Caption must be enabled in the Go App for this to occur. Earlier Phantom 4 Pro drones (and possibly Inspire2 drones), which also store their SRT data in the movies, may work as well although I haven’t tested them.
Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed bug in which consecutive movies recorded at significantly different times would not update the cursor correctly.
  • Fixed bug in which SRT data points stored at greater than 1 Hz were not loaded properly.
Here is a movie that demonstrates some of DroneViewer in action:

Please visit our website to download the software and learn more about DroneViewer.

Thanks,
John
FAA Part 107 UAS Pilot

Think I will try this...

wanderer, so far have only been able to play a vid without any data or map. DJI P4P V 2.0. I have Video Caption turned on. Recording in .MP4 format. I know the data you need is supposed to be embedded in the file and no .SRT file will be created. Is there anyway to check and see if any data is actually being recorded?

wanderer, so far have only been able to play a vid without any data or map. DJI P4P V 2.0. I have Video Caption turned on. Recording in .MP4 format. I know the data you need is supposed to be embedded in the file and no .SRT file will be created. Is there anyway to check and see if any data is actually being recorded?

If you send me a short video clip via WeTransfer I will see if the SRT data is there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000