DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DroneVR is adding instructions for their FPV app

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
With DJI boosting the interest in FPV flying, someone on another thread had mention the DroneVR app. I had already ordered some cheap goggles to try with Litchi, but based on the recommendation have been trying DroneVR. The problem that I had was it have virtually no instructions. I was frustrated because I couldn't see the lettering on the HUD well and cheap goggles have a limit to how far you can adjust them. So I wrote them and got a very quick and positive response. I was asked what I thought would help and I made some suggestions. Within 48 hours the first set of instructions for the most challenging section was up on their website.

What DroneVR has inside the settings is the abilty to adjust many of the settings so that we can adapt it to our own specific goggles. In fact, if you have something like a Homido set you can just scan the QR code and DroveVR sets the app for you. The difficulty had initially and still have with Litchi is that the view in the goggles wasn't acute enough. But with DroneVR I came to learn that you can adjust the parameters of the app settings for your goggles with the controller sticks while your phone is in the goggles! You can toggle through the settings and change them without removing them from the goggles. I think you still have to get to the phone to exit the settings (wrote to ask about that). But it made a world of difference.

I'm not 100% up to speed on this app, but I hadn't heard anything about it until last week. And I think it's probably one of the cool unsunh apps out there. Did I mention you can broadcast the flight to another phone or tablet while you fly through your goggles? Here are a few notes from DroneVR if you're interested in tapping into cheap FPV. FWIW the Mini 2 should be supported shortly after DJI releases the SDK.

Edit: Almost forgot... Here is the "how to" page to set up the headset settings that wasn't there two days ago.
DroneVR headset settings instructions

Note: DroneVR supports the DJI Mavic Mini, Mavic Pro / 2, Mavic Air 2, Spark, Phantom 4 / Advanced / Pro, Phantom 3 Standard / Advanced / Pro, Inspire 1 and Ryze Tello.

Important: The Mavic Mini 2 is NOT supported because DJI does not offer a developer kit so far. We will add support in case DJI releases a developer kit. Kindly asking you to not down-rate the app because we cannot control this issue.

The Phantom 3 SE is NOT supported as it does not support 3rd party apps. Support for the Tello is free, for unlimited use of the other drones the support to be unlocked via an In-App purchase. In addition, DroneVR offers a time limited trial mode so that you can test how it works with your drone and phone. Support for the Phantom 2 Vision+ is available as a separate app 'DroneVR - Phantom 2 Vision+' for free.

DroneVR's features:
==============
* Beautiful and configurable head-up display to show telemetry information such heading, speed, height, pitch and battery status blended into the live camera view.
* Head-tracking allows you to controls the orientation of your camera in realtime by moving your head ! For DJI Phantom Series head tracking is supported for camera pitch. With the DJI Inspire 1 head tracking across all three axis is supported.
* Advanced lens distortion correction algorithms ensure highest quality and low latency video rendering.
* Hardware accelerated video decoding provides best image quality and low battery consumption.
* High definition video quality of 720p and 30 frames / second with Phantom 3 / Inspire 1 and even 1080p with Mavic Pro / 2.
* Spectator mode to connect a 2nd phone to fly with a friend.
* Picture size and position and be adjustable to work with almost any virtual reality headset.

Important notes:
============
* To use DroneVR you need one of the above listed DJI drones.
* To use DroneVR in stereo mode you need a virtual reality headset where you can mount your phone (e.g. FreeFly VR, Zeiss VR One or a Google Cardboard). A phone with a high resolution screen and a screen size of at least 4.7 is recommended.

• Wow
Reactions: Rchawks
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair