DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Droning in upstate New York

koco2202

Reactions
Hi, I will be traveling through the state of New York, more specifically, from NYC to Niagara Falls. Are there any spots that I can drone for some great footage?

Also, some spots at/around Niagara Falls will be helpful.

Thank you in advance

I live in the Albany/Schenectady area. Upstate is pretty wide open in terms of restricted air space and I am yet to find a zone that I could not get unlocked. Bring a laptop in case you find somewhere you want to shoot that you cannot unlock from your mobile device.

As for specific locations in the Niagara Falls Area, I cannot speak to that. Sorry.

Niagara Falls: On the U.S. side, you can't fly from the state park, which is pretty much all the land along the shore. There was a thread about it on this forum some time ago. You can't go to Canada now, but if you could, you couldn't fly there either. But there is a work-around in Canada--the Skylon Tower's observation deck, which is more than 400 feet AGL. It costs a few bucks, but you get a great view.om-0063-d.jpg

Hi, I will be traveling through the state of New York, more specifically, from NYC to Niagara Falls. Are there any spots that I can drone for some great footage?

Also, some spots at/around Niagara Falls will be helpful.

Thank you in advance
Plan your trip to go through the Catskill Mountains, you can fly just about everywhere there.

Reactions: JAW
Thank you all for the answers, I appreciate that.

I lived in NY when I started flying a few years ago. I was 3 hours from Niagara Falls. Desperately wanted to fly there but didn’t because it’s just too risky. I don’t know if they’re still doing helicopter tours but even if they aren’t, there’s too many places around for bad crashes. Especially if it crashes over the border. So I stick to the country. I still would like to find a remote waterfall somewhere that hasn’t been built up for tourism yet but there’s not many where I’m at.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329