DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

droning is not a crime

UAVNV

Reactions
listen.

a lot of you have fears, that your hobby and/or passion is some type of fault.

its not. its exploration, knowledge of new tech, great discovery.

never "feel" you have to prove something. we have been given something to explore, learn and share.

some will fear it, some will be curious.

share your experience! show others what you know. you are the experts, if you own a drone, there is a responibilty you have to own. if you fly, and choose to bend rules you have to be accountable. and dji is cracking down, they will enforce the "rules"

be responsible. never let anyone doubt you with their fears.

I'm not understanding why a minority is hostile toward drones ..?!

Yes, majority like drones, but I've seen a couple of ar**h**les with such animosity, hiding behind privacy in a public place.

I had someone follow me once on a beach early in the morning. I had a backpack on and to be honest it was obvious it was a drone in there. I walked for about 300 yards and decided to set up and this bloke watched me quite unnerving it was. There wasn’t about anything about and he said I was scaring the seagulls,there wasn’t a seagull in the sky and he said I’d scared them off. I said unto him mate my drone is more scared of the seagulls than they are of it I can assure you. He just walked of and said he was reporting me. About 20 minutes later a police car arrived sat watching me for five minutes and drove off.

I had someone follow me once on a beach early in the morning. I had a backpack on and to be honest it was obvious it was a drone in there. I walked for about 300 yards and decided to set up and this bloke watched me quite unnerving it was. There wasn’t about anything about and he said I was scaring the seagulls,there wasn’t a seagull in the sky and he said I’d scared them off. I said unto him mate my drone is more scared of the seagulls than they are of it I can assure you. He just walked of and said he was reporting me. About 20 minutes later a police car arrived sat watching me for five minutes and drove off.

Bottom line, some people just don’t have anything better to do. They are miserable in their own lives, and feel the need to drag others down with them. Mind your own business, fly within the law, and you have nothing to worry about.

I'm 65 years old. I've always believed, among other things, that the majority rules - and pretty much lived by this saying most of my life - even if I'm in the minority. I'm here to tell you I recently learned, this is NOT the case in most circumstances. A FEW (citizens) can, and will, dictate what drone pilots can do. It's a harsh reality - but a FEW that are concerned about their privacy, or see a drone flying around and report it leads to new city / county laws that will be put in place to limit the legal flying areas. Fly near a crowd - which is where we would like to fly - as the crowd is there looking at something neat, or something we'd like to take a video of, but for sure, you'll get reported - as the buy above indicated in his beach flying. LOOK at all the Drone VIDEO's - they are taken in isolated places - because that's the only place they can fly with out being hassled. Heck, I'd like to take a drone video of a soccer game (nope), take a video in Rocky Mountain National Park (nope), at some of the great regional parks in CO (nope). Any 'neat places', (nope). Limitations are concerning for us all.

"a lot of you have fears, that your hobby and/or passion is some type of fault.", while not at fault, a few pilots that push the bounds ruin it for the rest - and for sure, it'll get worse before it gets better.

"its exploration, knowledge of new tech, great discovery.", Sure, in the backwoods far away from people. New technology - look at the 'fly away' posts - what happens to those drones? where to they end up? Someone finds them, reports it to the police, and another county law gets put in place. This is why LOS is so important and knowing where your drone is at all time. Why do we need a 4 mile flight distance? a 2 mile flight distance. Set up drones with geo-fences and limit flying to LOS only - then MAYBE the laws change - but doubtful.

"we have been given something to explore, learn and share." - but the FEW will kill this as they are worried about their security - not saying I agree with that, but it's a fact. The FEW will dictate how we fly.

"if you own a drone, there is a responsibility you have to own. if you fly, and choose to bend rules you have to be accountable. and dji is cracking down, they will enforce the "rules"" - DJI has to, if not they will go out of business. The fewer places to fly, the fewer drones will be sold. DJI must help enforce the rules before tighter and tighter regulations get put in place.

Last edited:
Reactions: philh24
the only really negative incident I can think of this moment is I was setting up to fly by the road and these two lycra glad cyclists go past me and I think one screamed out something like "paedophile" or something that hints at that sort of nonsense.
now I know why cause just on the over side of the underpass (underneath a road bridge) is a sports place for children just a minute or so away.
In all my time I have avoided flying that side of the bridge and was actually heading up river in the opposite direction.
Now sadly he had run off on his bike before I had processed and had time to respond, because I would have pointed out to him which is creepier . a properly dressed man flying a drone away from children or a man in tight lycra, showing every curve of his basically naked body and his meat and two veg heading towards children..... well I can tell you what I would find more disturbing. lol

but otherwise beyond a drunk/drugged up idiot pestering me, no issues.

Its the media. The public has been brainwashed by the media so anyone with a drone is the same guy who flew at an airport and hit a plane.

Iv flown my whole life r/c airplanes here at this field in VT. Then I fly my mavec and the entire atmosphere is changed. People can be led like chickens with feed.

Reactions: PlatinumPilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu