DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dropped my mini 2

Haggis

Reactions
Crashed I suppose, or perhaps better fumbled my mini 2… Practicing hand take off and landing,,, did well enough yesterday, but today I dropped it and broke a propeller… In fairness to me, I crushed a finger in a wood splitter last fall,,, it’s still healing and has no feeling in it… Thought I had a good grip, but didn’t... Dropped the drone on my packed snowshoe float…

Seemed simple enough to put a new propeller on it… Reckon I’ll lay off the hand landings for a while…8FF409C5-99BF-4EB9-8674-8CB8EC8820DA.jpeg

Replace both blades on the affected motor, they are balanced pairs or likely to be balanced pairs. I have seen one post somewhere that suggested that if the mold numbers 'cast' in the replacement blades are the same as the originals then it is ok to replace just the damaged blade but I do not know if that is true.
If I damage one blade I change both and often destroy the undamaged blade to prevent temptation.

With regards to hand launching and landing I cup my fingers slightly, it prevents slips. It needs to be a shallow cup otherwise the blade will bite you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: db4476 and Haggis
replace both blades on the affected motor, they are balanced pairs or likely to be balanced pairs. I have seen one post somewhere that suggested that if the mold numbers 'cast' in the blades are the same then that is ok but I do not know if that is true.
If I damage one blade I change both and often destroy the undamaged blade to prevent temptation.
With regards to hand launching and landing I cup my fingers slightly, it prevents slips. It needs to be a shallow cup otherwise the blade will bite you.

I‘ve already changed the broken propeller,,, can’t tell one from the other…

The numbers are the same on all the drones propellers and replacement propellers… in the future, I’ll do as you recommend, and change them in pairs…

Crashed I suppose, or perhaps better fumbled my mini 2… Practicing hand take off and landing,,, did well enough yesterday, but today I dropped it and broke a propeller… In fairness to me, I crushed a finger in a wood splitter last fall,,, it’s still healing and has no feeling in it… Thought I had a good grip, but didn’t... Dropped the drone on my packed snowshoe float…

Seemed simple enough to put a new propeller on it… Reckon I’ll lay off the hand landings for a while…View attachment 141844
This is the reason that I don't do hand landings. I have tried it a couple of times but a slight hand tremor makes me feel that I will drop it and damage the camera or the gimbal. You were lucky to only break a propeller.

Reactions: Haggis and RobertR
Went back today,,, midday when the sun was helping my old eyes,,, and could see which screw I had removed… Changed then both propellers and both screws… Thanks again for the help…

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato