DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dropping cargo with parachute

If someone hasn't already started one, this could be a 'sub-sport' like they had/have in skydiving.
Accuracy contest. Back in 'the good ol' days' when they used round, unsteerable or barely steerable parachutes these were common. Unlike today's steerable with precise accuracy parachutes, the accuracy was totally dependent upon the release point or exit point of the parachutist. The wind speed and direction has to be determined as accurately as possible because the accuracy of the landing point was primarily determined by the wind.

If someone hasn't already started one, this could be a 'sub-sport' like they had/have in skydiving.
Accuracy contest. Back in 'the good ol' days' when they used round, unsteerable or barely steerable parachutes these were common. Unlike today's steerable with precise accuracy parachutes, the accuracy was totally dependent upon the release point or exit point of the parachutist. The wind speed and direction has to be determined as accurately as possible because the accuracy of the landing point was primarily determined by the wind.

It was surprising to me to see how much the wind changed speed/direction during the short time I was flying today. Competing would be fun!

We have thunderstorms rolling through today. the atmosphere is almost electric and the wind is unpredictable.

Reactions: Snoopy2020
diy homemade parachute. I want to drop a can of soda, but did this initial test with a roll of duct tape.

The first test did not go quite as planned.

its a good example of Drift something I stress about on all parachutes and why i avoid them after using them on the drone.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the rain

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242