Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DSAR is now officially a non-profit 501c3

RCdancer

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Site
www.dronesar.info
LegalZoom notified me today that DSAR Inc. (Drone Search & Rescue) is now an official 501c3. They are sending me the paperwork. There are 4 of us on the board: Thunderdrones, FatherXmas, tleedom and myself. Thunderdrones is the treasurer so you can direct your tax-deductible contributions and grants to him.
:);)

From LegalZoom .....
Congratulations! DSAR Inc. is now official (we're popping some champagne over here)! Your documents are on their way, and all you need to do is follow the simple step-by-step instructions included in the packet.

Congrats, again!

Last edited:
One of our first priorities is going to be setting up a mechanism to pay for insurance when DSAR pilots are flying real-world SAR. Neither Verifly not Skywatch wants to touch group insurance and directed us to their existing apps that permit pilots to get insurance on-the-fly. The board will be looking at reimbursing DSAR pilots for the cost of their insurance when they fly real-world SAR. We need to iron out the details and procedures.

First though, we need to get some financial contributions ...

Congrats :)

Reactions: CJH92474
LegalZoom notified me today that DSAR Inc. (Drone Search & Rescue) is now an official 501c3. They are sending me the paperwork. There are 4 of us on the board: Thunderdrones, FatherXmas, tleedom and myself. Thunderdrones is the treasurer so you can direct your tax-deductible contributions and grants to him.
:);)

From LegalZoom .....
Congratulations! DSAR Inc. is now official (we're popping some champagne over here)! Your documents are on their way, and all you need to do is follow the simple step-by-step instructions included in the packet.

Congrats, again!
Congratulations! That's great news!

Funding thought - would there be any issues on opening up a "GoFundMe" page? It seems like a worthy cause that the general public would get behind.

Reactions: Bobvt and tleedom
Congratulations! That's great news!

Funding thought - would there be any issues on opening up a "GoFundMe" page? It seems like a worthy cause that the general public would get behind.

Great idea. Once Rob gets an account set up and is ready to deal with the financials, we will do that.

Another thought... a fund raising Silent Auction.
We could reach out to DJI and other manufacturers or service providers for donations. Collect the materials and gift certificates, make a list, publish it on the forum, set a deadline date and time. Perhaps there is a techie who can create an inventory page and have it updated with the current offering price? This could be offered across all the pilot forums.

Another thought... a fund raising Silent Auction.
We could reach out to DJI and other manufacturers or service providers for donations. Collect the materials and gift certificates, make a list, publish it on the forum, set a deadline date and time. Perhaps there is a techie who can create an inventory page and have it updated with the current offering price? This could be offered across all the pilot forums.
Good idea as this would be very beneficial to DJI+sellers.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan