DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DSAR Safety Shirt

Wearing that shirt in Public, is the equivalent of the Mavic Controller Beeping. It draws attention, rather than distract it.
That is everyones point in this thread.

Therefore One might feel Self-Conscious wearing said shirt.
If however zero fooks are given by the wearer of said shirt, I say 'More power to them', as I wager fooks would be given with most people wearing that shirt.

My comment also related to the writing on the shirt: "Do not Disturb the Pilot While Flying".
So Im saying I think this shirt is Reserved for PRofessionaL applications, where its VitTAl the pilot not be disturbed.

Maybe he IS doing that sort of flying in SAR, but i dont think the majority of members are

Matrice incident mentioned for yuks as it's possible the Pilot was disturbed/lost concentration

Im sure someone will tell us what exactly happened so let's watch the video

Let's take this apart piece by piece...
Wearing that shirt in Public, is the equivalent of the Mavic Controller Beeping. It draws attention, rather than distract it.
That is everyones point in this thread.

Therefore One might feel Self-Conscious wearing said shirt.
If however zero fooks are given by the wearer of said shirt, I say 'More power to them', as I wager fooks would be given with most people wearing that shirt.
These shirts/vest are designed to be worn by DroneSAR members when working on an active DroneSAR mission. It's common to have"Identifying Clothing" when you're part of an organized search effort.

My comment also related to the writing on the shirt: "Do not Disturb the Pilot While Flying".
So Im saying I think this shirt is Reserved for PRofessionaL applications, where its VitTAl the pilot not be disturbed.

Maybe he IS doing that sort of flying in SAR, but i dont think the majority of members are

If you're part of DroneSAR (it's an organization BTW) then yes you are operating as a professional. Not because you say so but because they are required to have a current Part 107 (and most likely other professional credentials depending on the organization requesting their services).

Matrice incident mentioned for yuks as it's possible the Pilot was disturbed/lost concentration

Im sure someone will tell us what exactly happened so let's watch the video

That was back in 2015 and it wasn't a Matrice. It was some type of X8 airframe. The pilot wasn't disturbed he encountered a communications error and their SOP was to intentionally ground the aircraft immediately to avoid flying into the crowd. It was a large, heavy, and dangerous aircraft to fly into the crowds so they initiated their emergency protocol and grounded it abruptly and thank goodness it didn't actually hit the skier or anyone else in the area.

Maybe everyone went out and bought the coroner shirt instead of the DSAR shirt. The difference between the 2 shirts is that the DSAR shirt would make you the life of the party. The coroner shirt, well, is there such a thing as the death of the party?
The sound of da police?

Reactions: Former Member
@RCdancer Is there an order link for folks to use?

If someone wants one, you can order it here, and even modify the design (i.e., add the word "Coroner" or your name to it. ;)) Keep in mind this is a CarHartt shirt which is not cheap and you will pay to order less than 5.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N