DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

dual batteries, what do u think ???

Well one thing for sure, that will change the CG of the drone so the back motors/props will be working harder than the fronts. Under some circumstances this will decrease available speed and maneuvering performance.

From a marketing perspective, it's in DJI's best interest to engineer the best rounded performance possible, and that includes flight time. There are obvious give and takes in achieving a balanced good performing drone. Improving on that, in this case by adding the weight of another battery to increase flight time, will see decreases in other areas.

Your call.

for me apart from all the things that @bumper said, i would not really want to fly for 40 minutes plus none stop, as i would have probably dozed off by then ,20 minutes average flight time i get right now on both my drones is plenty for me

In addition to everything said ... I would lose the official DJI guarantee ... difficult for DJI to accept that ... "product" as a guarantee.

There are lots of dual batteries on the market. This one looks nicer :
1612206247786.png

1612206272448.png

The increased weight of the battery means that there will be less power reserve for stabilizing the craft and countering the wind. If these are unimportant in your application, go for it.

for me apart from all the things that @bumper said, i would not really want to fly for 40 minutes plus none stop, as i would have probably dozed off by then ,20 minutes average flight time i get right now on both my drones is plenty for me
Are the drone components designed to fly for that long without over heating etc?

Are the drone components designed to fly for that long without over heating etc?
I fly 5 batteries on my MA2 in a row, about 2.5 hrs. straight flight time minus battery changes, then back in the air.
No overheating here...

tbh i create videos from time to time on my channel (here) and the last 2 or 3 videos i found my self using all 3 96% fully charged batteries !... the Air 2 is an AMAZING drone dont get me wrong, but we need to see more drones out there just like the Evo with 45 Minutes flight time, then we will probably get a straight 30 minutes footage :) (considering the fly back time and leaving 10-20% juice in the battery)...

There are lots of dual batteries on the market. This one looks nicer :
View attachment 122923

View attachment 122924

The increased weight of the battery means that there will be less power reserve for stabilizing the craft and countering the wind. If these are unimportant in your application, go for it.

where did you find that ???

i would never fly in high wind with those batteries, i honestly need them to do some longer flights, but not for shooting videos...

thanks,

I fly 5 batteries on my MA2 in a row, about 2.5 hrs. straight flight time minus battery changes, then back in the air.
No overheating here...

i got 3 and i love them, and working on a FCC hack right now, i need the battery Mod simply because i wanna travel longer distance on a single battery/charge, even in my sucky CE mode i cant get past 4, maybe 5 KM on a SINGLE battery,i cant imagine how will i ever be able to fly further with a single battery, i simply dont get it !...

@jojonono ,there will come a time when the battery technology or alternative power units will be the norm ,but the cost of such power units will probably confine the drones that use them, to the commercial side of drone use,for me as a recreational flyer i want a good flight time ,at a cost that is affordable ,and i believe that balance ,has just about reached its limits ,with a drone that has a compact footprint ,both in transit and air born, there are commercial drones now ,hat can fly for a very long period, but they are way out of the pocket of the average hobbyist

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54