DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dual Controllers with Mavic 2 Series?

K5Greg

Reactions
Looks like the ability to set up/use a secondary controller with the Mavic 2 doesn't exist - at least in the current firmware - like it did in the previous Mavic Pro series. Am I missing something? Anybody hear if it will make a return in the future (guessing the answer is a mystery like any DJI firmware plans). And hopefully they will issue a new Crystal Sky update that will deal with the Mavic 2 as well.

Did you actually try it? It's still specified in the manual as a capability, unfortunately I can't find anywhere selling the M2 controllers yet though...

Thanks. Working on getting a second controller to try from another M2 owner now. Guessing it will be as was noted “available soon”

Thanks. Working on getting a second controller to try from another M2 owner now. Guessing it will be as was noted “available soon”

I have two here, the App does not give you the option to link as Master or Slave at present, the option is just to link.

It will require firmware update and app update to support dual controllers.

Reactions: K5Greg
Looks like the ability to set up/use a secondary controller with the Mavic 2 doesn't exist - at least in the current firmware - like it did in the previous Mavic Pro series. Am I missing something? Anybody hear if it will make a return in the future (guessing the answer is a mystery like any DJI firmware plans). And hopefully they will issue a new Crystal Sky update that will deal with the Mavic 2 as well.

CrystalSky update is coming, there is a post in this forum on where to get the APK which was derived by convincing the CS it was in South Africa then capturing the downloading APK as it downloaded from the DJI Servers.

So obviously at this current time the capability of running two controllers simultaneously is unavailable. I’m assuming there are no issues with the link feature though. As Goof said, I can’t find another M2 controller anywhere. Has anyone tried to link a Mavic Pro controller to the M2? I’d like to start modding my controller but don’t want to tear in to my original just yet.

Will the new Mavic pro Controller work with the old Mavic Pro

Not supported and I wouldn't hold your breath...

Pretty poor move on DJIs part to force us to shell out for an expensive M2 controller (that's not even out yet) just to have a secondary operator / RC newbie play with the drone. M1 controllers are expensive enough, but I hate to think what they're going to price the M2 RC at...

You have to consider the hardware and technology has changed from M1 to M2. Occusync 2 and dual band.
However if the signal to the RC from the slave was relayed by the master M2 RC, then it is probably Technically feasible.

Would have been nice to have both inputs active on the current RC and just come out with another app that would allow for a second device to monitor with only the camera functionality available. Doesn't seem like that solution would be that difficult to implement and end users would just need a cable to make it work like the slave cables used in the RC hobbies for decades.

I hope this does become available soon. Plus it would be nice if I don't have to sell a kidney to buy one.

Has anyone heard ANY thing about when DJI might start selling the M2 controllers separately? Cant believe they'd wait until they figure out or publish the promised dual-controller capability. Seems some people might just want a backup controller or replace ones they've broken (while waiting for a repair etc)

Has anyone heard ANY thing about when DJI might start selling the M2 controllers separately? Cant believe they'd wait until they figure out or publish the promised dual-controller capability. Seems some people might just want a backup controller or replace ones they've broken (while waiting for a repair etc)
@Thunderdrones - are you able to get them as replacement parts?

Well, in today's latest release of the User Manual (v1.6) it appears DJI has removed any reference and description of functionality for dual controller mode (used to be all of page 47 in v1.4 and prior) and no more "coming soon" notation either -.-

Reactions: ff22
Bummer. But again, some of us are wishing for capabilities that are found in much more expensive aircraft. Oh well, you can’t have everything I guess. Good eye though, Greg.

KB

Well, in today's latest release of the User Manual (v1.6) it appears DJI has removed any reference and description of functionality for dual controller mode (used to be all of page 47 in v1.4 and prior) and no more "coming soon" notation either -.-

Well that’s a bummer because I just spent the money for a second controller for that exact reason. I guess coming soon sometimes mean not coming at all. :(

Like the more expensive OG Mavic Pro that had this feature?

My apologies mavicn00b, I had forgotten that the MP had this capability. I now remember trying it out on my MP with a second controller and while it was OK for teaching a newbie holding the slave controller, that is the only use I found for it. What I was TRYING to say (and did a very poor job of it,) was that it seemed like some people want the same functionality as on an Inspire or larger aircraft where the second RC is only for camera movements. But. without a dangling X5, etc., that just isn't possible on an M2.

KB

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrantleyB