DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dumb Firmware/Software question

rfc

Reactions
I've consistently gotten (and ignored) "Firmware update required" types of warnings. I finally looked to see what it wanted to upgrade, and it included both the controller and the A/C.
So I decided to do it this evening; powered up everything, and the warnings were gone and everything said it was up to date. WTF?

What's the best way to confirm that everything (Controller, A/C, Batteries, DJI Go4 etc.) is up to date? Plug the A/C, then the controller, into DJI Assistant 2? Been so long since I've done it, I can't remember. TIA.

I've consistently gotten (and ignored) "Firmware update required" types of warnings. I finally looked to see what it wanted to upgrade, and it included both the controller and the A/C.
So I decided to do it this evening; powered up everything, and the warnings were gone and everything said it was up to date. WTF?

What's the best way to confirm that everything (Controller, A/C, Batteries, DJI Go4 etc.) is up to date? Plug the A/C, then the controller, into DJI Assistant 2? Been so long since I've done it, I can't remember. TIA.
Just start everything up to fly. The drone will tell you.

Just start everything up to fly. The drone will tell you.
Yes, I get that. I was asking the process to do it, but another poster suggests that if you have a crystal sky, and have internet access, it might download (and install?) the updates.

Yes, I get that. I was asking the process to do it, but another poster suggests that if you have a crystal sky, and have internet access, it might download (and install?) the updates.
Yes, it will. Mine checks and if needed will DL and install at every flight.

Reactions: rfc
Of course the other way to upgrade is while you power up your craft and with wifi on , then lastest firmware update required... you can update it using your phone attached to your RC and Craft.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dseyna