DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dumbest Question Ever Asked on this forum......

The Mavic on a hot day, lets say 32C as I'm in Thailand right now filming there, can get around 45C when idling with the cover on. It doesn't actually get hotter when flying because it's a computer and not a driving motor for the Mavic. So with the movement, the ventilation improves, even with the cover, so the Mavic cools down a little. Most of the heat is dissipated through the bottom anyways. The bottom is a massive heatsink.
There is no question that air can enter the fan/vent with the cover on. However, that air is _greatly_ reduced. This is further show in that the heatsink (where that air vents) does get hotter with the cover installed. The differences is 92F without and 103 with it on.

So again, there _is_ less air flow with the cover on and the heatsink does get hotter for this reason. Does 92F - 103F make a difference? I don't know. it may not.

Reactions: Cyberpower678
There is no question that air can enter the fan/vent with the cover on. However, that air is _greatly_ reduced. This is further show in that the heatsink (where that air vents) does get hotter with the cover installed. The differences is 92F without and 103 with it on.

So again, there _is_ less air flow with the cover on and the heatsink does get hotter for this reason. Does 92F - 103F make a difference? I don't know. it may not.

From a technical standpoint, not much. My laptop gets hotter than that when it doing work.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I thought this was a dead issue from what I've seen on YouTube, and that is don't fly with it on. I don't think the anyone is flying a phantom with a gimbal cover on, but correct me if I'm wrong.

I thought this was a dead issue from what I've seen on YouTube, and that is don't fly with it on. I don't think the anyone is flying a phantom with a gimbal cover on, but correct me if I'm wrong.

According to the posts above... you are wrong.

I have yet to receive mine but found this page as home base for reading and getting prepared for when it arrives.

DJI Mavic Accessories & Tips - Mavic Help
There's also a ton of helpful videos on YouTube. I'm new to this and it has helped a lot. I'd say just watch a lot and check the comments too. Sometimes they can give terrible advice. One that comes to mind says to discard the gimble clamp.

Sent from my SM-G930V using MavicPilots mobile app

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d