DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dynamic RTH on mavic air 2

tommet

Reactions
I’m confused. I have mavic air 2 and not sure how RTH works when the drone is following me either on land or on sea.

1. If I start the drone tracking me at point A and continue to point B 1000 feet away, stop and press RTH, while moving, where does the drone return to.

2. If after I stop at point B, and reset the home point, then press RTH where does the drone return to.

3. Does the mavic air 2 have dynamic RTH

4 Is it possible to make the controller location (moving or stationary) the home point?

Home point is always fixed and not dynamic. You can change it, but it will not change itself. So just reset the HP as you need. Remember an RTC will go to the most recently set HP.

Reactions: hiflyer201
Manually and carefully ... there is no secret here ..it cannot automatically return to the boat since it’s moving.
learn to hand launch and catch. .... just make sure you’ve got plenty of battery for your first few failed attempts on the boat ...

think how it works ... the boat is drifting and bobbing up and down ... you bring the drone in and manually get it to land ..it drops down towards your hand ..the boat bobbles ..the drone says ‘wtf’ and rises ... repeat multiple times ....

good luck ..

Reactions: Thomas B
I’m confused. I have mavic air 2 and not sure how RTH works when the drone is following me either on land or on sea.

1. If I start the drone tracking me at point A and continue to point B 1000 feet away, stop and press RTH, while moving, where does the drone return to.

2. If after I stop at point B, and reset the home point, then press RTH where does the drone return to.

3. Does the mavic air 2 have dynamic RTH

4 Is it possible to make the controller location (moving or stationary) the home point?
From what I interpret, #1 = A; #2 = B; #3 No; and #4 = Reset the Home Point to a new location in the ... DJI Fly App Settings (RTH will return to that updated Home Point). But be ready to take Manual Control ...... and ensure that your RTH set height will still clear anything around your new location! And only reset if you maintain plenty of satellites and good visuals. ??

You can reset the home position on the app either where the aircraft is currently or where the controller is located at the time

Updating to controller position relies on mobile device GPS (non-cellular iPads don't have one) and much of the time the app won't accept the device GPS.

You can reset the home position on the app either where the aircraft is currently or where the controller is located at the time
How do you set home point where the controller is using dji fly app v where the aircraft is. I thought that when the app is used to reset home point it's always where the aircraft is.

Reset of the home point resets HP to where the controller is at the time Of reset. It is not dynamic.
Just to be clear
When I reset the home point using the fly app the HP is reset to where the controller is and not where try he aircraft is.. it that true? I always thought it resets to where try he aircraft is

Just to be clear
When I reset the home point using the fly app the HP is reset to where the controller is and not where try he aircraft is.. it that true? I always thought it resets to where try he aircraft is
Reset is to the controller location as we both state. It can be changed, but is not dynamic.... if it were why would it need to be reset?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zephaniah2001