DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

E5 air space at rural airport

MACROCK

Reactions
I live within the 5 mile limit of a rural very small airport. It does not have the LAANC SYSTEM. What can I do to obtain permission to fly.

I live within the 5 mile limit of a rural very small airport. It does not have the LAANC SYSTEM. What can I do to obtain permission to fly.

E5 starts at 700 ft AGL. Why do you need permission - assuming that you don't intend to exceed 400 ft AGL?

Reactions: Thomas B and Mrmund
Will somebody respond ? I would like to know
@Joe Lobato

Not trying to sound like a jerk but what is it you would like to know ? Getting authorization from LAANC or why OP doesn't need permission ??

The whole "5 Mile from airport" portion is out the window as of earlier this year. Strike that from your data banks as basically irrelevant now.

If you want to fly INSIDE of Controlled Airspace you have (3) options...

A) Use LAANC (if the facility is currently in the LAANC system)
B) If no LAANC you would go to the DroneZone and submit for an authorization
C) If available, you can fly, for HOBBY at a FIXED flying site that has an existing Letter of Agreement (LOA) with the FAA.
"You are flying at a recreational flyer fixed site that has a written agreement with the FAA. The FAA has posted a list of approved sites (MS Excel) and has depicted them as blue dots on a map. Each fixed site is limited to the altitude shown on this map, which varies by location. "

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada