DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EAB exposures

cstangor

Reactions
So I'm trying to learn about EAB. The combined files seem to create better images than the single HDR approach for me.

When I look at the five individual photos I've taken with the EAB mode, those with the fastest shutter speeds seem to be lighter and those with the slower shutter speeds seem to be darker. Can someone explain why that would be?

Thanks.

It's called AEB (Automatic Exposure Bracketing):

The camera takes a # of pictures with different exposures (Under exposed, properly exposed, and Over exposed) and when combined properly you get a final product with a High Dynamic Range (HDR). Different cameras have different # of shots and more or less exposure range. The DJI aircraft have minimal range from one exposure to the other so we take more exposures to try and get more range.

Google AEB photography and you'll get a much better explanation than mine.

Reactions: cstangor
A faster shutter speed will let less light than a slower one if the aperture is the same, this will result in a light or darker image.

I thought the faster shutter speed would be darker but the faster shutter speeds are lighter.

Yes, Mavic Pro camera with fixed f2.2 aperture. Does EAB change something else besides shutter speed?

Am I misunderstanding the numbers? These may be hard to read but the darker c2.jpg is 1/290 second. The lighter c1.jpg is 1/1700s. Thanks.

Attachments

• c2.JPG
    c2.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 10
  • c1.JPG
    c1.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 10
Am I misunderstanding the numbers? These may be hard to read but the darker c2.jpg is 1/290 second. The lighter c1.jpg is 1/1700s. Thanks.
Yeah, read the info top left. I have never has this occur. Sorry, can’t explain it.

OK, I guess it's not a big deal. Thanks so much for your time.

Can I bug you with another question?

If you were going to take this photo and try to get as much as possible of the image in focus, how would you do it? Let's assume a sunny bright day.

Realize this is from my M2P and assumes no special effects desired
Aperture F4 - F5.6
ISO 100 - 200
Shutter 1/30 - 1/60 ... consider auto
ND filter as needed. For above.

Aha, get an M2P! Why did I know you were going to say that?

I guess with the big f2.2 aperture on my Pro I'm letting in too much light to get much depth of field.

Can a filter make a difference with that?

I would think a 1/30 shutter speed might create some problems with the drone motion.

Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure