DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Eagle Canyon Adventure! Arches, canyons, and bridges of the San Rafael Swell Utah Desert

I had a Big, long and somewhat scary adventure deep into desert canyons and the sights along the way were awesome. . . .
Hi Karl,
What a crazy adventure Karl! I envy you that you can walk around in such a fantastic area! Without GPS you probably would have died of thirst by now. You really are a real swashbuckler and I always look forward to your videos!
Every now and then I saw in the mind's eye John Wayne, or Clint Eastwood coming around the corner in the Forgotten Canyon! ?Sand like flour is certainly not ideal to get ahead!?
At 9.29 you climb up, and then you have to go down again to get the camera, just crazy, and you do that again and again. I envy you for your endurance! Ok, I'm 78, and would have no chance to do something like that. I prefer to watch how you surprise us again and again with your fantastic videos. Thanks for that and keep up the good work! ??

cheers Paul

Reactions: bobe933 and ATW
I had a Big, long and somewhat scary adventure deep into desert canyons and the sights along the way were awesome. . . .
Well....you did it again! You exceeded your previous films in every way. The scenery, flying, hand held selfie stick views, all amazing and awesome. I am so jealous of this adventure, but happy for you. The high points were the double fly through of the arch, and the flying in, and around the massive double highway bridges. I would not relish being in that slot canyon with only pressure from both feet against the walls to keep you from plunging into that abyss! Certainly, we all are vicariously enjoying these adventures. Stay safe please.

I'd like to ask what those two items are that you carry in your upper left chest pocket? Looks, possibly, like an Osmo Pocket, and maybe a GPS. Can you tell me what GPS device you are using, as well as the source of the tracking red arrow on your films?

Dale
Miami

Reactions: ATW
Your adventures are so interesting to me. I have been in the area of your video and really appreciate what you saw and shared.

Reactions: ATW
That was amazing!

Please tell me that you make movies for a living.

More enjoyable than 99.9% of the stuff seen on TV.

First, thanks to all for joining me and enjoying the thrill of this adventure with me, it helps to motivate and to improve my camera skills and I love the camaraderie. I am just an amateur YouTuber with a very small following and some AWESOME memories that I enjoy sharing and revisiting.
This one was rough and I was pretty nervous even before getting lost as I mentioned in the video, then real nervous! It scared me more than any climbing I've done. . . I'd rather smash into the ground quick then die slowly of thirst, YIKES! I think I did see Butch Cassidy's ghost laughing down at me from one of the high ledges right when I realized I was at yet another dead end box canyon.
Honestly, I was not quite as excited about this video, maybe from the rough time I had or less thrilling exposed climbing. . . did not think it was a "best," for me but, I sure am glad to hear you guys liked it! The drone parts were AWESOME fun but wow was I worn out when I flew the arch on the way out at the end.

Dale you've done such awesome stuff you should never be jealous, I would S^&#t my pants if I thought I was going to do eye surgery on someone, OMG! Climbing is my greatest skill, was a lot of fun work to get it and sharing it with all is something more valuable then spending all that time to actually be able to do it yourself. I definitely sacrificed other opportunities for it too. No regrets but. . . you know, life is choices and doors close when others open. . . I had a go pro on selfie and Pocket 2 on selfie as well as an I phone in the chest pockets, SAT GPS, mini in-reach, is in a hip pocket. The pack I use is AMAZING! I'll make that video just for you guys, especially you Dale, what I can do with it now is kind of mind blowing. The trip I'm taking next will include a hip pack mounted under my stomach, in front, with the drone and controller so I can learn to grab some tracking shots when the climbing is more casual, think flying sidewalk shot! I think I'll do summit climb tracking shots too when I'll be taking off my pack anyway. . . Should have always been doing those. . .

I did one more video from this trip, I drove south to Capital Reef National Park and climbed an EPIC desert feature for a 2nd time. I had to, stinks that there are NO DRONE in the park, but WOW is it a breathtaking hike/climb ending on on very steep pointy summit headwall, looks just like the name implies, Fern's Nipple! The best desert hike of all times for me. . . . Should I post it here. . . with no drone footage? I'd be real glad if you guys subscribe to my channel on Youtube, honestly, there are a bunch of pretty sweet videos there as well as all the new ones. . . .my new ones are the best, I'm still learning new camera skills/shots. More surprises to come if they work out.

Thanks Karl for taking us on yet another amazing journey. Flying your drone through Eagle Arch at the end was simply the piece de resistance! If ever anyone deserved not to crash doing that it was certainly you! Can't wait for your next one and have subscribed to your YouTube as well.

I'm not sure I should post this video on a new thread since it is in a national park and there is no drone video but, I'll slap it in here for now if any of you guys are interested. It is a very special place and was a magical adventure for me on both of my visits there.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan