DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Easy iPad mini holder extension for MA2

TerKelDing

Reactions
Hey everyone!

I finally got my new Mavic Air 2 yesterday and like lots of people, I have been trying to figure out the best way to fit my iPad mini 5 to the holder. I have one of those swivel bracket types you see on Amazon for my mini and it works well, but it does add some weight and will need an extended cable which is just more gear to buy, keep track of, etc. I tend to try to keep things simple and pure to the original design so I think I have found something pretty ideal. For my Autel Evo, it's basically the same deal with the holder only opening wide enough to accommodate a phone. Well, I have been using this 3D printed extender for the past year and it works perfectly! I thought I'd give it a try on the Mavic controller and guess what? 99% perfect fit! The only thing that would make it 100% is if it were about 1/2" or so taller so the spring in the holder isn't nearly maxed out, to relieve tension on the holder, and if the bottom hook part that clips to the holder itself were a little longer to even wrap further back around the holder. I don't have a 3D printer or I would be working on this but if anyone does and would like to give it a try, I can send you all the dimensions from the extender I have. One last benefit is this puts the iPad mini in such a position the stock data cable fits perfectly and without the extra weight of the other mounts it puts less stress on the holder too. Not to mention how quick and easy it is to set up - I have been looking at some of these add-on holder monstrosities and just wow... expensive, cumbersome to set up and looks ridiculously heavy. I see myself using one of those once or twice then it sitting in my gear back getting old.

Attachments

• IMG_3206.jpg
    IMG_3206.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_3207.jpg
    IMG_3207.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_3208.jpg
    IMG_3208.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_3209.jpg
    IMG_3209.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_3210.jpg
    IMG_3210.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 93
Reactions: Joe Foreman
You can buy these off some guys in China on eBay for about £3 (U.K.) - they work perfectly well) .... also lots of them out on thingiverse for those of you with your own 3D printers ..

Reactions: TerKelDing
Thanks for the replies everyone! I did some looking around and found some great ones on Etsy. I ordered one that is a little wider than these and even has a lanyard loop so it’s on the way! I’ll post some pics once I receive it!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada