DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Elbrus. Our journey to Another World in 4k

LNShadow

Reactions

Hi! I guess the whole idea of this trekking originated from the climbing a few years ago, when we went down to the valley for a day, but stayed there only overnight. This time it was decided to go on our own and we began to prepare for this climbing almost one year beforehand: choosing and buying the necessary stuff.

There are different routes to Elbrus, but the most picturesque of them is along the river Irik. It is a completely wild route with tents and backpacks, which is located on the eastern side of the mountains. First, it runs through a forest above a precipice with a whitewater river, then through mountain meadows with wild horses and curious gophers. Next, your way lies through the breathtaking Martian landscapes: only stones, centuries-old glaciers, and endless expanses that we observed from the pass of the Red Bump.

The fastest way to climb Elbrus is from the southern side. First, on elevators, then on a snowcat, and then on foot.

Shooted on:
DJI Mavic Air 2 in HDR mode 30fps.
A standard set of ND filters from a fly more combo set, as well as CPL and ND-PL set from PGYTECH.
Ground footages were taken on iPhone XR in 4k 60fps & 1080p 240fps.

Plugins:
Magic Bullet Colorista
Flicker free
Neat video
Handy transitions

This is my first more or less serious copter after some Chinese and the first flights were done in "combat" conditions. Shooting was not easy: the lack of cellular communication and therefore good maps in the application, a strong gusty wind, difficult topography because of which we had to constantly to monitor shooting process in QuickShots modes. And, of course, only 3 batteries for a week without of a possibility to charge.

Reactions: Manty and JooB
Well, it's not an area I would like to travel to: Too many rocks, snow, ice...
But: I like your video! It's great! Filmed in that far away area under the conditions you described and with only 3 batteries: Brilliant!
The last scene flying down the valley with the back light of the sun, wow! Well edited.

And I also like the idea of the free add-on animal video! :)

Nice one.
How on earth did you manage to ration out 3 batteries over a week with all that scenery to shoot ?

Very impressive. Very professional. This type of video is what drones were made for. Think of how much more interesting this video is than what would have been shot just a few years ago without drones. The rainbow colors from the sun flare at 1:24 and 3:08 were very cool. Was that just an accident, or did one of your filters account for that?

Nice one.
How on earth did you manage to ration out 3 batteries over a week with all that scenery to shoot ?

Unfortunately, it was not quite succeeded. If it hadn't been for the DJI's "trick" with up to 60% self-chargeable battery when it isn't used for a few days, there would have been a couple more awesome scenes.

Very impressive. Very professional. This type of video is what drones were made for. Think of how much more interesting this video is than what would have been shot just a few years ago without drones. The rainbow colors from the sun flare at 1:24 and 3:08 were very cool. Was that just an accident, or did one of your filters account for that?
Firstly, thanks a lot for a such positive feedback!

And, speaking of flares, I didn't use filters specifically to make them and I can't remember which filter was used at one or another moment. But by adding additional glass/air surfaces for light to reflect/refract off and through, I could even increase the flare.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan