DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Electronic Manual

Pipereira

Reactions
Does anyone have an electronic copy of the Mavic Air Manual? I know it’s only just shipping but considering a number of people received it pre-release I thought it may be floating around...

Cheers.

Jay

Not on the usual place in the support (Downloads) section of the DJI website.

I picked up my Mavic Air this morning and DJI didn't even include a printed manual in the box!

I have just found the quick start guide. Bare with me and I’ll upload it. I’m still searching for a full guide, but this is a start!

Reactions: doni55
Yep that’s what I have. Cheers. Apparently DJI are aware there is no full manual and are uploading it shortly.

Amazed they are allowed to ship out products without a printed manual. Especially something which is potentially dangerous if not used correctly.

Reactions: Pipereira
Who would disallow them?

I guess that's the problem. I would have thought there would be regulations about providing adequate instructions for operating something like a drone, but obviously not.

I just find it odd that the "drone" industry continues getting bad press primarily because of people who do not read or follow the rules and/or don't understand how to properly fly their aircraft - yet these things are sent out without any instructions on how to use them in the first place.

I'm assuming most people on here are somewhat experienced Mavic pilots, however think about the kid down the street who got one for his birthday who has never flown one before. "Ooohh Sport mode what does that do?"......smashes into someone or something.

Obviously having a manual doesn't mean everyone is going to read it, but it at least shows that you're trying to encourage sensible and responsible use of the product you sell.

By not including a manual I can only think DJI are shooting themselves in the foot.

Hard copies are not sent out with the product.
They are! In the combo they are in the packaging. Not a full manual, but enough to get going, not enough though for new pilots!

What do you think the reason is that there is no Mavic Air manual on the website yet? It seems unlike DJI. I remember the goggles and Spark manual being out before anyone got those products. Is there are conspiracy theories? Do you think DJI rushed the launch of the Air for some reason? Before the manual was done. Maybe to spread it out from the Mavic Pro 2 launch, so not to cut into Air's sales too much? This is really odd.

What do you think the reason is that there is no Mavic Air manual on the website yet?
This is normal for DJI. New drone manuals aren't often available before the first units are shipped.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greg190