DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Embry-Riddle online free drone course.

This is a great opportunity for gaining FAA sUAS knowledge! If you are contemplating a Part 107 certification, this will provide some basic FAA knowledge upon which you can build on your path toward preparing for the FAA knowledge exam. Also, note that the time commitment is 4 hours per week: ~8 hours total.

Reactions: lightbg
The name of Course is Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems Key Concepts for New Users. Ultimately they are looking for enrollment in the attached course. If I were younger - I'd do it!

Attachments

• uas-brochure-ope.pdf
    8.7 MB · Views: 24
Just a bump up to remind everyone about this free course.

Jake

No idea when this starts! Went to my account on the Canvas site and I am registered for the course. It shows "In Progress" but I cant get in!

Good posting ! I registered as well. Free training that one can use to get one step closer to Part 107 Certification.

So, what are folks' impressions about:
  1. The Canvas Learning Management System?
  2. The course content in Module 1?

So, what are folks' impressions about:
  1. The Canvas Learning Management System?
  2. The course content in Module 1?

1) Not terrible, but I'm not into social media at all, so no Twitter for me.

2) A few quibbles with some data, specifically that software is support, not primary. How does the Mavic communicate with the pilot? Smoke Signals? Last time I looked GO4 was an app. To me that means software. I'm going to bring that up in the discussion area later since that was marked wrong in a confirmation quiz.

Otherwise I have learned and confirmed a lot of data.

Jake

...{snip}A few quibbles with some data{snip}...
Yes. Without giving away the answers to quiz questions, E-R state that the correct answer to a Module 1 quiz question about VLOS limit is one I didn't choose. However, in checking back with my Part 107 reference, I did choose the correct answer!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoBeeshy