DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Emergency Landing or Flyaway

redserv

Reactions
Hi guys, I am a new pilot and still trying to learn as much as possible. I am the proud owner of a MPP. I wanted to design a checklist of things I should do if I had to land my drone far away or had a Flyaway. I will like to know.

What are my first step in trying to get my drone back? I will like to make a checklist if steps that should be taken. Can you experts help me out? Thanks in advance.

Put your name and phone number on the craft. Also put reward if found somewhere on the drone. If someone finds it they are more likely to call you. Also you can use find my drone feature on the go4 app

Like I’ve learned from Mavic Pilots. “Always plan the flight!” “Fly the plan!”That way you will have a much better idea where your drone should be.

set your RTH up properly, there are several steps for different situations.

One of the important ones is the height it will go to before RTH.

If you are under any sort of cover ( trees) and RTH kicks in, and the first command it executes is climb to 100', but there is a big arse oak tree between it anf clear sky, you are going to have a problem.

There are some situations where it is going to do as it **** pleases such as it is fighting a head wind and can't RTH on the low battery so it will land where it is.... but I would rather have it come back to where it took off from rather than land in a pond.

Make sure you have the RTH point you want determined in advance.
Hopefully you will never have to use it.

Reactions: Zyskman78
Guys thank you for all your great advice and feedback. I will like to create a sanirio.

I am flying my Mavic platinum pro on a sunny day. I flew my Mavic just beyond LOS. I get laggy video from my cs monitor and don't know which direction my drone is facing? I hit RTH, however it never come back. What is my first line of troubleshooting to find my drone? Thanks again guys appreciate the help

...I am flying my Mavic platinum pro on a sunny day. I flew my Mavic just beyond LOS. I get laggy video from my cs monitor and don't know which direction my drone is facing? I hit RTH, however it never come back. What is my first line of troubleshooting to find my drone?...
Try going to the last location shown on the map and use the "find my drone" feature in Go 4.

Ah, thank you Mossiback, this is what I am looking for to compile an emergency list to take around with me while flying. This will help me reduce some of the anxiety and panic hopefully. Thanks again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jtlesn