DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Emergency landing power off ? Mavic Air 2

I decided to teach myself what to do better if I can't make it home. So I've been practicing landing in different areas, but would like to know how to power off the drone from the controller. Mainly so the battery doesn't run out completely, and I can use the 'find my drone' feature.
If you have managed to land it, you have a record of where it landed so you know exactly where to go (the GPS position will be in the log on your device).
Once landed, if you powered it off it wouldn't be listening for a command to turn back on again, so that option isn't available.
It's marginal whether the battery would last overnight but with the rotors stop it will should last long enough to walk to where it is and you can get it flash, bleep and so on.
One other tip when making a forced landing is to have a look around on the way down - pause at about eye level and turn round 360 degrees, then you have a better Idea when you're in the right place.

Next time try sport mode
In sport mode you can have much more wind
But off course like others said
Try not to come in such a situation

I don't really know what you're getting at. If you were able to turn it off remotely, how would you be able to turn it on again? I saw video from someone who had his Mavic land about a mile away, and he got to it by using the map on his phone, which showed where it was.

Turn your camera downwards and take pictures, or screenshots or however you can. Another one, is to find a good spot like a small clearing etc that will look different or is easily distinguishable.
Thank you!

Thank you!
I found it by saving the last image before it lost connection. At that moment it was still 40 feet in the air flying backwards down a mountain at 30mph. I climbed the mountain the next day to the point where the last image was, then walked along the line I thought it was travelling on. Although the ferns and bracken were chest high, by some miracle I found it in the tiniest of clearings.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato