DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Enable Mavic Air FCC mode with Windows laptop

Joeri089

Reactions
Hi all,

I live in Europe so am stuck with the crappy CE mode that only gives me 350 feet in range. I do not have any Android devices, only a Windows 10 laptop and an Iphone. I spent hours looking online and I couldn't find a guide anywhere on how to get it in FCC mode, so maybe this will help someone else:

Step 1:
Install Bluestacks Android Emulator on your Windows device.
Linky link here

Step 2:
Open the Google Play Store and Update the Google Play Services (it will be on the landing page)

Step 3:
Install the DJI Go 4 app from the Google Play Store

Step 4:
Open the DJI Go app, and on the bottom right click the location icon which will open the map.
Capture.PNG

Search for any location in the USA using the Search button, and click on Set to make this your default location. Also enable the Mock Location slider on the top right:

Capture.PNG

Step 5
Make sure the DJI app is ready to use (make sure you logged in with your existing DJI account).

Step 6
Close Bluestacks Emulator completely by clicking the X button on the top right

Step 7
Power on your Mavic Air, and hold the flashing button on the rear until you hear 2 beeps (to enable WiFi connection).

Step 8
On your laptop, search for the WiFi network that belongs to the Mavic, and connect (password is on a sticker on the Mavic). There wont be any internet connection, so disregard any errors or warnings you receive, and make sure the WiFi icon shows a yellow notification so you can verify it is connected to the Mavic.

Step 9
Open Bluestacks Emulator, and the DJI Go app

Step 10
If you did everything correctly you will receive a popup saying the settings have been updated for your location. MAKE SURE YOU PRESS OK HERE, DO NOT CANCEL!

Step 11
Voila, all done, happy flying in FCC mode!

Capture.PNG

I am new here, so any feedback is appreciated =)

Update: Oh wauw I am amazed by the difference this makes... previously I was getting a laggy connection at 110m, today I flew 1700m away without any hickups, I feel like it can go much much further. FCC mode is awesome!

Great to see that non-android users can get around this! - Took me far too long to borrow someones tablet to fix this.
I (hope) not to have to use the above, but you never know when you'll forget to click the 'Cancel' button on the app and revert to CE mode!

it's quite the difference when in FCC mode - I can actually fly beyond about 200metres now :)

Tom

Reactions: kei888 and Joeri089
Guys I’m trying this little nice trick, but my computer network card can not find the Mavic air network. I am checking with my iPhone and the Mavic Air network is on ready to be connected to. Any ideas what can be wrong? Any settings?

Guys I’m trying this little nice trick, but my computer network card can not find the Mavic air network. I am checking with my iPhone and the Mavic Air network is on ready to be connected to. Any ideas what can be wrong? Any settings?

5.8Ghz not supported by your laptop? Should work on all recent devices.

5.8Ghz not supported by your laptop? Should work on all recent devices.

Yes both 5.8 and 2.4, sins I see the Mavic network on my phone it should be a computer setting I suppose! It actually showed up a few seconds on my computer, then disapeared. When you did the connection did you have an instant show up or did you had to fiddle with it a bit?

Yes both 5.8 and 2.4, sins I see the Mavic network on my phone it should be a computer setting I suppose! It actually showed up a few seconds on my computer, then disapeared. When you did the connection did you have an instant show up or did you had to fiddle with it a bit?

I open the WiFi menu on the bottom right, but also had to refresh a few times before it showed the mavic.

Reactions: kingofmyempire
To see if you are in Fcc mode, open wifi when Air and RC are connected. Switch from Auto to Customer, Below you will find a list of channels that you can change. Channel 1 - 11 is Fcc, do you have 1-13 is the Ce.

THANK YOU so much !
Now I have that lovely message wanting me to accept to change my WiFi settings. It makes me smile every time. I did it with my Spark and it worked like a charm... can't wait to enjoy the MavAir with full signal ! I didn't want to find an Android phone to do that to my new Mavic Air. Thanks for sharing the tip ! Cheers from Switzerland ;-)

Hi and thanks for guide. everything is working for me and i get that popup saying im in diffrent location and i press ok. but it doenst go in FCC mode :(

Edit, i can only connect it with my computer with 2.4

Edit#2. Lol now its suddenly working. did a test ride with it and i can say its MUCH better. i had problems at 800m before. now i did almost 2.000 (its dark outside) didnt wanna go further. Thanks alot! :)

Last edited:
hmmm
i tried your way and i can connect my mavic air with my computer but i can not connect my drone via wifi with the dji go app....
What do i miss?
Unbenannt.PNG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman