DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Enabling microphone DJI go4

I believe the repeated comment that says the drone does not record the audio is correct. I tested it. While I can get audio on a recording that has been cached to the phone, it only is on the video in the cache. Once you retrieve the HD video off of the drone or SD card you will find that it does not have the audio. I suppose it is possible to add the audio in post production. Basically cache the video and audio in the phone/tablet, then extract the audio from the cached video and then add it to the video retrieved from the drone. Note however that if you are doing this post processing you will only get audio that can be record by the phone. If the drone is 1000 feet away, you will not get the audio that is happening near the drone. This post processing technique could therefore be useful if you wanted to add commentary to the video at the time of recording.

Reactions: Carb63
I'm sure my M2P doesn't record the audio, though it will synchronously record audio into the ipad while flying .

In fact, I don't see any reason for any drone to record audio because of the awful whir of the blades.

Thanking you all for helping me with this. ??

actually I find it interesting that nobody has brought this up in quite a while that the audio is only recorded on the cash video on the attached device to the controller. And it can be helpful without a doubt.

Reactions: Carb63
I attached my Osmo Action cam to my Mavic 2 Pro for a different perspective a few weeks ago and there is a reason the drone doesn't record sound, All you hear are the props and they are loud. I does sound cool though. :)

Reactions: Dronage
I attached my Osmo Action cam to my Mavic 2 Pro for a different perspective a few weeks ago and there is a reason the drone doesn't record sound, All you hear are the props and they are loud. I does sound cool though. :)
You've got me thinking about putting my pocket on top of my enterprise..just once, like.. just to hear it..

Reactions: JS1600 and Carb63
So... this might go without saying... but people are often surprised when I explain how it is done... if you want a video floating over the falls with just the waterfall sounds, you record the waterfall sounds separately and add them as an additional audio track in “post production”. You can also play around with fade in, fade out, as you get closer or farther from the falls.

Here is an example with waterfall and music:

Here is another with just the waterfall sounds:

I use JBL Bluetooth earbuds...

JBL Earbuds.png

I have a Mavic Air -- a high-pitched and noisy little bugger. When I record, I use the built-in function on my iPhone, not the DJI Go option.

Record Screens.png

On your Control Center, press and hold the record button, don't just tap it. When the second screen pops up, be sure that Microphone On is selected. It'll record straight into your Photos library.

The microphone in the on/off switch body of my earbuds dampens the sound really well even with the drone only about 3 meters away. You can hear it, but it is only background noise. 5 or 6 meters distant, and I can barely hear it on the recording.

For really clean sound, leave your drone aside for the moment, and just use your phone to record the waterfall directly. Record for longer than you mean to film. Every video editing program I've ever seen allows you to mute the sound on the video, and add other sound sources. Just use what you recorded on your phone, and clip it appropriately.

No one can tell the sound and image were recorded separately unless there is some kind of tell, like a person jumping into the water but no sound of the splash... or something like that.

Good morning everyone. Hope everyone had a great weekend.
My question is a simple one:
I was recording a waterfall yesterday, I went to the settings app in DJI go4 to enable the sound capabilities. Upon doing so , the request for microphone can on , and I inadvertently hit do not allow . So I powered down and retried a few times , how ever, the message never prompted me again to allow microphone. I recorded the waterfall a few times after that hoping I would get sound. What do I have to do to get this to work. TIA my friends.
What would you expect to hear? it would all be prop wash and loud buzzing.

Well what I did was record w/o props on. Stand still recording near the fall. All you hear is the water cascading. I failed when I deny access to microphone. ??‍♂️
Okay, you weren't flying it. I find that the gimbal system does a great job in giving you ultra-steady video when you carry it.

Okay, you weren't flying it. I find that the gimbal system does a great job in giving you ultra-steady video when you carry it.
Yes , I did fail to mention that . I know the prop noise would be heard while flying. Bird in still mode set on ground with recoding on. Thanks for all your inputs on this greatly appreciated.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki